Does upgrading your speakers in Dodge Magnum reallllly make a Difference.

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member fowlerjamar's Avatar fowlerjamar is a Magnum Expert in Training! fowlerjamar is a Magnum Expert in Training! fowlerjamar is a Magnum Expert in Training!

Does upgrading your speakers in Dodge Magnum reallllly make a Difference.

I have a 2005 Dodge MAgnum R/T with the 6 speaker system non-nagaivation. NOw this is the question, Does upgrading your speakers in Dodge Magnum reallllly make a Difference. I had a magnum back in 2005 with the naivation and the factory system was Great. It sounded like i had a boom box. I bought another magnum around 6 months ago (the one I have now) and it doesn't sound as good as the other magnum I had. I upgraded the radio and it sounds the same. WTF

I just bought four 6"9 speaks (Kenwood KFC-6993PS 6x9in 5-Way Car Speakers - Kenwood KFC-6993PS 6x9 5-Way Speakers : Speakers | RadioShack.com). Havent installed it yet.

What can I do to get my system to sound like the factory system I had before?

Also, what kind of factory amp comes in my car and will it be better to just use my after market and by pass the factory amp.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious!
    Do u have the Boston acoustic system

Member fowlerjamar's Avatar fowlerjamar is a Magnum Expert in Training! fowlerjamar is a Magnum Expert in Training! fowlerjamar is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    I think it has a Boston acoustit system because it says it on the door

Video Game Modder drag_racer's Avatar drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training! drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training! drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training! drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    Buy a new deck. I had the Navigation system in mine ('05 R/T), and even just upgrading to a new deck made a HUGE difference. It sounded like a completely different system. The deck I installed was a Clarion MAX685BT....7" DVD Touchscreen.

Senior Member Stormshadow757's Avatar Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert!
    From Norfolk, VA Da 757 to now D.C. metro area
    What size are the stock speakers in the back of SXT mags? I have the 4 speaker system. Sounds great but i want to upgrade those rear speakers, then get a new deck also.
    2008 Stone White Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L
    MODS: Big Bully CAI, Flowmaster Super 44 series, new piping, exhaust resonator delete, custom steel honeycomb grill, SXT badge relocated, Cuda Strobe Stripes, Debadged, Demoulded, Tint All The Way Around, airbox silencer delete, lower radiator baffle delete, chrome door handles
    FUTURE: JBA Shorty Headers, Diablo Predator, Oracle CCFL halo's, custom taillights, Eibach Prokit Plus

igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar!
    Quote: Originally Posted by Stormshadow757 View Post
    What size are the stock speakers in the back of SXT mags? I have the 4 speaker system. Sounds great but i want to upgrade those rear speakers, then get a new deck also.
    6x9's all the way around..

Member billyvk10's Avatar billyvk10 is gettin' serious now! billyvk10 is gettin' serious now! billyvk10 is gettin' serious now!
    Bypass the factory amp when you replace that radio. It will make a huge difference. The door speakers only play bass up front right now in the Boston system. That means the new speakers will only do the same. So you are relying on a little 3.5" dash speaker to suplly all the highs and vocals. The amp is located in front of your legs on the drivers side below the steering wheel. Doesnt matter what speakers you put in the car if you are relying on the crap amp to drive them. I sell this stuff for a living and run into this all the time. Hope this helps.

Member vadr_h8r's Avatar vadr_h8r is just warmin' up!
    the Boston system is real bass heavy. It gives the impression of a great sounding system, but when you start comparing it to a quality aftermarket system you will find the BA system very muddy. but that said, you are going to spend at least $1500 before you really start to hear a major improvement.
    Last edited by vadr_h8r; 01-22-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Senior Member Stormshadow757's Avatar Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert!
    From Norfolk, VA Da 757 to now D.C. metro area
    Quote: Originally Posted by igolo View Post
    6x9's all the way around..
    Thnks buddy!
    2008 Stone White Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L
    MODS: Big Bully CAI, Flowmaster Super 44 series, new piping, exhaust resonator delete, custom steel honeycomb grill, SXT badge relocated, Cuda Strobe Stripes, Debadged, Demoulded, Tint All The Way Around, airbox silencer delete, lower radiator baffle delete, chrome door handles
    FUTURE: JBA Shorty Headers, Diablo Predator, Oracle CCFL halo's, custom taillights, Eibach Prokit Plus

Video Game Modder drag_racer's Avatar drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training! drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training! drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training! drag_racer is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    IMO a good start is a good deck. That way you have a deck you can hook up the aftermarket amps to without too much work. Makes the factory speakers sound much better until you can upgrade the rest.

Member CaptainBly's Avatar CaptainBly is gettin' serious now! CaptainBly is gettin' serious now!
    The stock system will never use the full range of those better speakers.
    I found this out the hard way. I upgraded the head unit last.
    What a difference!

Jeff's LX: BLACK 07 Magnum R/T, Road & Track Package.Diablo tuned!!, Blacked out and & Red Lit Billet grills, 20' Black Staggered Axis wheels, Drilled Rotors & painted calipers, 3G Firewall & ABS Covers, Air Raid CAI & DIY ram-cold air hose, Blastin Bob's Reso delete, 180 T-Stat, Eyebrows & HID 6000k Lows & Fogs, 7 inch touch screen w/HDTV-1800w of Amps & 10' Sub, Red led Interior, R/T Shifter ball, SRT corner chrome w/Red pin striping.

LLATER!

full 300 swap inside and out hellsfire's Avatar
    hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious!
    anything will help. i started with the 6x9's and poof i have a hole new system. so beware of the mod. hit can hit hard like a rattle snake bite.

Member JAYWIL42's Avatar JAYWIL42 is an unknown quantity at this point
    I have an 05 r/t with the boston acoustics sound system in it, there are good, but still paper speakers. I replaced the rear 6x9's with apline's, bypasses the factory amp and added an mtx thunder elite 200 watt amp. Also replaced the deck with a pioneer flip out dvd player, working to replace the remainder of the speakers, i think it is worth doing, just sayin!!!!!
    MOPAR NUT!!!! DUKE BASKETBALL FANATIC!!!! MAGNUM LOVER!!!!

05 DODGE MAGNUM R/T. MAGNESIUM PEARL COAT.

FOUNDER - 804MOPARS

CURRENT ENGINE MODS:
    - SUPERCHIPS PROGRAMMER/TUNER
    - K&N AIR FILTER
    - TAYLOR 8.2 MM SHORTY WIRES
    - CHAMPION OEM PLUGS
    - 180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT

I have already replaced my factory radio with a JVC single din nav. It still dosnt sound good. I havent put the new pioneer 6'9 in yet but I am confused, the factory amp is crap, I would think that it would push out more power then any fACTORY RADIO OR AFTERMARKET. CRAZY

Member billyvk10's Avatar billyvk10 is gettin' serious now! billyvk10 is gettin' serious now! billyvk10 is gettin' serious now!
    The factory amp is crap. And remember, the way it crosses over the doors is the part that hurts you. Bypass bypass ....

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast