dvd player relay??

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member rcl4's Avatar rcl4 is just warmin' up!

Question dvd player relay??

i know there are other threads about needing a relay to play dvds without e brake; but im not being able to find someone who can install the toggle switch....not sure where to try to find a relay for the new unit either...so can anyone help?

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

anyone????

Member yurickmagnum's Avatar yurickmagnum is an unknown quantity at this point
    i believe you just put that wire to ground.

what wire? the e brake wire? how would i do it? im not very mechanically inclined...lol... but i thought that wouldnt work?
    Last edited by rcl4; 01-31-2008 at 01:23 PM.

would it be possible to trick the computer into thinking the e brake was on if i disconnect the e brake? is there a way to disconnect the actual e brake so that when you push it in it shows its engaged but have it where there is no actual brake? would this work?

Gone to lunch bubbamagnum's Avatar bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious! bubbamagnum is a Magnum Genious!
    Blog Entries
    When I had my player installed I would press down the e-brake pedal just the slightest bit and it would play. You could try that until you find an answer. I know most name brand players have a built in feature to prevent this from happening. By no means am I an expert of audio.
    Shaved Handles, Shaved Drip Rails, Shaved gas door, shaved tails, bagged with UAS kit.
    click more pics from my photobucket album..http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc223/bubbamagnum/

thats what i did today on the way home from car toys...lol im just wondering if i take the clip off that attaches the e brake line to the brakes wouldnt that make the computer think that the e brake was still working even though it isnt really applying brakes to the car? not sure if this will work or not not sure how smart the computer is.

dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar!
    wow every where i go they automatically ground the wire for me so it works while driving.

do u suggest anyone in the houston area i can get it done with pretty quickly and cheap??

Quote: Originally Posted by rcl4 View Post
    its a double din. and as stupid as this is gonna sound, it has this plug that goes in the back of the unit (pic. is below) is that the wiring harness or do i still need something else.

this is what i got installed its a legacy not a pioneer does that matter?

finally its installed and bypassed so everything now works..yea!!!

rollin and lookin good chance6384's Avatar
    chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious! chance6384 is a Magnum Genious!
    Wow...sorry I didnt catch your post faster... I just re installed another unit in my mag... could have tould you about the ebrake.... because they state about grounding it if you want it to play while rollin... BUT.... dont get stopped or caught with a dvd playing ... I do believe it s a fine..or ticket... or both.

I mean i have mine like that too but just be careful... and pay attention to the road!

i really dont plan on using the dvd to much its really just a novelty thing; my kid may use it but he still has a couple of years before he really knows what he is watching..lol well again i appreciate all the help you guys gave i couldnt have done it without yall...thanks