How to remove rear bumper...

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member kpall312's Avatar kpall312 is a Magnum All Star! kpall312 is a Magnum All Star! kpall312 is a Magnum All Star! kpall312 is a Magnum All Star! kpall312 is a Magnum All Star! kpall312 is a Magnum All Star!

How to remove rear bumper...

FASCIA-REAR

REMOVAL

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
    2. Remove the three push-pin retainers (1) that secure each rear wheel house
      splash shield (2) to the rear fascia assembly (3).

1. Remove the screw (2) that secures the rear fascia assembly (3) to the nut
      insert (1) in each quarter panel.
    NOTE: 300 Shown. Magnum and Charger similar.

1. Partially lower the vehicle and remove the push-pin retainers (5)
      (three-sedan, three-wagon, one-Charger) that secure the rear fascia assembly (6)
      to the decklid sill.
    2. On all models, remove the two deck lid bumper
      stops (1).
    3. Carefully pull the rear fascia assembly rearward to disengage the two
      push-pin retainers (2) from the slots (3) in each side of fascia and position
      the fascia to gain access to the license lamp and park assist.

1. If equipped, disconnect the park assist sensor wire harness connector (2)
      from the tail lamp wire harness connector (1) and remove the rear fascia
      assembly (3) from the vehicle.
    2. If equipped and if required, remove the park assist sensors from the rear
      fascia assembly..
    3. If required on SRT8 models, remove the lower fascia from the rear fascia
      assembly and discard the metal retaining clips.

1. If required, remove and discard the nut insert (1) from each quarter panel
      and remove the two push-pin retainers (2).
    INSTALLATION

1. If removed, install the two push-pin retainers (2) and a new nut insert (1)
      into each quarter panel.
    NOTE: 300 Shown. Magnum and Charger similar.

1. If removed on SRT8 models, install the lower fascia onto the rear fascia
      assembly (6) using new metal retaining clips.
    2. If equipped and removed, install the park assist sensors into the rear
      fascia assembly.
    3. Position the rear fascia assembly to the vehicle and connect the license
      plate lamp and park assist wire harness connector (4), if equipped.
    4. Engage the two push-pin retainers (2) into the two slots (3) in each side of
      the rear fascia assembly by pushing the fascia forward.
    5. Install the push-pin retainers (5) (three-sedan, three-wagon, one-charger)
      that secure the rear fascia assembly to the decklid sill.
    6. On sedan models, install the two bumper
      stops (1).

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
    2. Install the screw (2) that secures the rear fascia assembly to the nut
      insert (1) in each quarter panel. Tighten the screws securely.

1. Position each rear wheel house splash shield (2) to the rear fascia assembly
      (3) and install the push-pin retainers (1).
    2. Lower the vehicle.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar!
    Nice, wish I had this a couple of months ago, but it wasn't to hard to figure out..

Senior Member 02proxdude's Avatar 02proxdude is a Magnum Expert! 02proxdude is a Magnum Expert! 02proxdude is a Magnum Expert! 02proxdude is a Magnum Expert!
    guess i never really looked that close but is it the same bumper on the 300?
    2005 Magnum Rt, Hemi Registry #1248, Air silencer removed, Lower baffled flip, Predator 93 CAI tune, Frankentake IV, 20" glass packs with resonator delete, Blinker mod, Auto lights, Type X eyelids, HID's low and fog lights 6000k 55w lows and 35w fogs, color matching interior and exterior, new 200 Chrysler wing blacked out and used to cover wiper delete

Member mike_a is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks for this informative rear bumper removal and installation guide! This is of big help to everyone here... Job well done!

Senior Member Stormshadow757's Avatar Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert! Stormshadow757 is a Magnum Expert!
    From Norfolk, VA Da 757 to now D.C. metro area
    Good looking putting this guide up. It looks like the exact same diagrams came out of the lx service manual, in PDF format, that I downloaded into my iPad just recently. I love otl. Shows how to take apart everything and install it back. Even the engine and transmission. Glad I have it in my possession now. Also have the parts manual and owners manual downloaded into my iPad.
    2008 Stone White Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L
    MODS: Big Bully CAI, Flowmaster Super 44 series, new piping, exhaust resonator delete, custom steel honeycomb grill, SXT badge relocated, Cuda Strobe Stripes, Debadged, Demoulded, Tint All The Way Around, airbox silencer delete, lower radiator baffle delete, chrome door handles
    FUTURE: JBA Shorty Headers, Diablo Predator, Oracle CCFL halo's, custom taillights, Eibach Prokit Plus

Member haist82's Avatar haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training! haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training! haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training! haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    Quote: Originally Posted by Stormshadow757 View Post
    Good looking putting this guide up. It looks like the exact same diagrams came out of the lx service manual, in PDF format, that I downloaded into my iPad just recently. I love otl. Shows how to take apart everything and install it back. Even the engine and transmission. Glad I have it in my possession now. Also have the parts manual and owners manual downloaded into my iPad.
    could you give me a link to that pdf file????

do work son

Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious!
    Nice somebody should make this a sticky on the How to page