is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member hecrod_792003 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?

hey i love the way the 20" SRT rims look but is it ok mechanically and within the magnum community to put those on my 2005 Magnum R/T? let me know yalls opinon

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member SithLord's Avatar SithLord is a Magnum Expert in Training! SithLord is a Magnum Expert in Training! SithLord is a Magnum Expert in Training! SithLord is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    Ya they will work..they even sale reproductions of other LX model SRT wheels for our cars...Check out Factory Reproductions, or some of our other venders for their line up... Some one will chime in eventually but remember its your baby in the end...
    ...I showed her my lightsaber....made her feel the power of the force....and introduced her to the Darkside!!!!!

FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious!
    As long as you're not tryin to pass it off as a SRT, I'd say go for it. I'd like to get a set for my V6, they're great lookin wheels. Last week, I saw a black RT Charger with SRT Chally wheels. The RT badge was still on the trunk lid so it didn't bother me. Not like the red V6 Charger I saw with SRT badges, Super Bee vinyl, single exhaust and 17" hubcaps. What a clown.
    Just lower it.

lovelinds is a Magnum All Star! lovelinds is a Magnum All Star! lovelinds is a Magnum All Star! lovelinds is a Magnum All Star! lovelinds is a Magnum All Star! lovelinds is a Magnum All Star!
    ^^ that's cute. i wish there was entertainment like that down here.

NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    I have Challenger SRT wheels on two of my 05 Magnum R/Ts, but you must use a 3mm spacer on just the front two wheels. Hey... I love the look!

My Cars:
    2006 Magnum SRT8 "SHADOW"
    2005 Red Magnum R/T "LUCKY"
    2005 Blue Magnum R/T "BLUE"
    2006 Chrysler 300SRT "CHEETA"
    Plus have SEVERAL OTHER RIDES
    "Old Geezers LOVE cars Too!!!

Hemi Registry #864 2/15/08
    Jim

3mmm spacer?

so i cant just throw em on where and how do i get and put on 3mm spacers?

FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious!
    Quote: Originally Posted by hecrod_792003 View Post
    so i cant just throw em on where and how do i get and put on 3mm spacers?
    You need the 3mm spacers (from BT - a vendor at LXforums) on the front only, if you go with stock SRT rims, the repro's don't need the 3mm spacers.

I went with the Magnum SRT rims on my RT with Nitto 420 tires, in 255x45x20 size.

Bob

Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 74 - Married 53 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO" supreme220's Avatar

supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar!
    is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?-042.jpg

one thing to remember if you do add the srt wheels 3mm spacers.
    Death Before Dishonor...

Senior Member shane93nc's Avatar shane93nc is a Magnum All Star! shane93nc is a Magnum All Star! shane93nc is a Magnum All Star! shane93nc is a Magnum All Star! shane93nc is a Magnum All Star! shane93nc is a Magnum All Star!
    Dont be scared off by the 3 mill spacers. Once you have the factory wheels off then just slide the spacer onto the front hub before installing the SRT8 wheels. Thats all you do. Just slide it on.

igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar!
    Yep, I'm running chally srt wheels and spacers on my 2.7 with no issues at all and they look great!

3mm spacer?

hey this guy is selling me 4 wheels off a SRT charger for 550? do you guys think this is a good deal and do i still need the spacer for the SRT charger rims? and what looks better on a magnum.... SRT charger rims or SRT challenger rims? and i attached pics what do you all think of the rims is 550 worth it to out on my magnum R/T?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?-photo-1-1-.jpg   is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?-photo-2-2-.jpg   is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?-photo-3-2-.jpg   is it ok to put SRT rims on my R/T Magnum?-photo-4-2-.jpg  

Senior Member DirtyPana's Avatar DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar! DirtyPana is a Magnum Superstar!
    To me it would depend on how much tread life is left on the tire. I personally wont use SRT rims. thats just my personal preference. The box of crayons came with different colors for this reason. Its not that I dont like them. I just wouldnt use them unless I was in a heavy snow area and needed a winter set of rims. As for which wheel looks better, again comes to personal preference. I never mod to other peoples taste. I will as opinions when I am done, But it is my creation, not the forums. Thats what makes everyones car unique. But, to throw in my 2 cents, I prefer the 300SRT8 wheels vs the rest.
    Member from LXF

Eibach Pro Kit, R1 Concepts Premium Rotors, 2Crave Black Diamond No. 2 wrapped in Falken 265.35.22, Danko Mini Chin Spoiler, LamboDoors4U vertical Doors, Custom open mouth mod, MSRT Seats, Custom Bezel with Kenwood DDX-370 Double Din DVD HU, 2x 12's in custom tuned vented box, 1x 1800 rms Power Acoustik mono block, Hifonics doors, Pioneer rears, Blue LEDs, and like always...
    MORE TO COME!

that is clean though! but do u think 550 is worth it for those rims

D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious! D-LASH is a Magnum Genious!
    Quote: Originally Posted by hecrod_792003 View Post
    that is clean though! but do u think 550 is worth it for those rims
    thats a good price, you might point out the curbage on the lips and maybe repair it, but I'd run them ...gloss black face and flat pockets, or color matched....what color car you got?
    I love all the SRT wheels and more in black, ...and now after this thread, mag SRTs are my favorite again

salleytl is a Magnum Expert! salleytl is a Magnum Expert! salleytl is a Magnum Expert! salleytl is a Magnum Expert! salleytl is a Magnum Expert!
    yeah 550.00 for all 4 is a steal. Take em.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast