2005 Dodge Magnum Lug Nuts Replacement

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Proud Magnum Owner MagnuMer's Avatar MagnuMer is making a name for themself!

2005 Dodge Magnum Lug Nuts Replacement

Hi All!

I just wanted to get some feedback from anyone as to where i should go to get replacement LUG NUTS, my local automotive shop has completely stripped mine. Those cheap metal caps are the one that are out of shape.

What size are the Magnum LUG NUTS?

I have a 2005 SXT that has the 18" Stock R/T wheels on it?

any idea where i can get BLACK LUG NUTS? i plan on powdercoating the wheels black when the funds become available.

thanks for your help
    Elmer AKA MagnuMer
    Orange County, Cali 92780
    2005 Dodge SXT Magnesium
    myspace.com/uncleel

CAI, 18" R/T Rims, R/T Grille (Thanks Brett), Stealth Bulbs, Hyper White 9005/9006 Headlights, Tinted Tails and 3rd Brake Light, Debadged, Blinker Mod, Auto Headlights, Color Matched Radio / AC Knobs, Wiper Delete, Blastin' Bobs Dual Exhaust Conversion...So Far!

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hemified's Avatar Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar! Hemified is a Magnum Superstar!

Hemified

Mike
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T:
    5.7L Hemi Registry #974, RWD, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Air Hammer CAI, Diablo Predator Sport Tuner, Pro Torque 2800 Stall, Viper Hood, KMC Jacks & Five 20" Wheels, Lowered by
    Eibach Pro-Kit, Black Halo Head Lights, Black LED Tail lights, Painted Calipers, Burl Wood Dash Kit, Pappa John's "R/T" Shifter Handle, Sony DVD/MP3 Player, Sony 600X2 Amplifier, 2 - 12" JBL's in Custom BassForm Enclosures, 2 - 10.4" Head Rest Monitors.

FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious!
    Best ones that I could find were the ones by Gorilla, not sure if they come in black chrome. Got mine from Summit Racing, check out their website - lots of info on lug nuts.

WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM

Here's the ones I bought:

Good luck,

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 74 - Married 53 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Member fordculater's Avatar fordculater is making a name for themself!
    I had to buy mine at the dealership. I checked the local auto parts store and tire places. No one had any. I spent $116 for 16 lug nuts! What a rip off. All my old lug nut caps were bent and rounded off. Oh well, it's just money. I'll print some more.
    DODGE MAGNUM-ONE COOL CAR

NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    My lug nuts are bad too. I bought a Craftsman 21mm deep socket for mine and it fits 15 of the 20 lug nuts. Then I bought a 21mm socket made in China and it fits all the lugs, with a little play in some. I gotta get the Gorilla lugs like Bob, FloridaRT did! At least on the SXT I just bought for my wife the guy had already installed new lug nuts when he put on the 22"s!

My Cars:
    2006 Magnum SRT8 "SHADOW"
    2005 Red Magnum R/T "LUCKY"
    2005 Blue Magnum R/T "BLUE"
    2006 Chrysler 300SRT "CHEETA"
    Plus have SEVERAL OTHER RIDES
    "Old Geezers LOVE cars Too!!!

Hemi Registry #864 2/15/08
    Jim

Proud Magnum Owner MagnuMer's Avatar MagnuMer is making a name for themself!
    Thanks for the feedback fellas!!! i'll be looking towards the Gorillas! I appreciate your time!
    Elmer AKA MagnuMer
    Orange County, Cali 92780
    2005 Dodge SXT Magnesium
    myspace.com/uncleel

CAI, 18" R/T Rims, R/T Grille (Thanks Brett), Stealth Bulbs, Hyper White 9005/9006 Headlights, Tinted Tails and 3rd Brake Light, Debadged, Blinker Mod, Auto Headlights, Color Matched Radio / AC Knobs, Wiper Delete, Blastin' Bobs Dual Exhaust Conversion...So Far!

FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious!
    No matter which lugnuts you buy, make sure that you have a lug wrench that will fit them. The stock factory wrench does not fit the Gorilla ones.
    So I carry a breaker bar and a socket.................

Bob
    Last edited by FloridaRT; 08-21-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spell
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 74 - Married 53 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Member Nuts Magnum's Avatar Nuts Magnum is making a name for themself!
    I have the gorilla's on my 20's and they are great.

Another thought is this....I bought a set of billet aluminum caps off eBay. They fit great, looked awesome, and they were extremely light. They came in four different colors. I got them in black and they did fade due to winter use.

Look them up...I would get them again, but the black one's do not go with the chome 20's.

Nuts

SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious!
    Gorilla also makes security lugs that are available in black...nope not in our size...
    Last edited by SoCalRT; 08-21-2008 at 03:40 PM.
    Later, Brett
    Click the pic to go to my site
    SoCalLX - " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"

QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    McGard...best I've ever used.

-Floyd

QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!

05 MAG RT is a Magnum Expert! 05 MAG RT is a Magnum Expert! 05 MAG RT is a Magnum Expert! 05 MAG RT is a Magnum Expert! 05 MAG RT is a Magnum Expert!
    I got mine here a long time ago, and they come with locks: Gorilla Automotive 91944 - Gorilla Wheel Installation Kits - summitracing.com
    Sold my RT, will get an Acura RDX soon so that I can finally get some traction, ground clearance, and still move fast without getting 13 mpg, bye!

1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Quote: Originally Posted by FloridaRT View Post
    No matter which lugnuts you buy, make sure that you have a lug wrench that will fit them. The stock factory wrench does not fit the Gorilla ones.
    So I carry a breaker bar and a socket.................

Bob
    so do I , good thing you let um know bad time to find out is when you need um to come off

Banned
    Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to! Bay Area Magnum is the one everyone should be listening to!
    I have the gorilla spline shaft lugs on my wheels....

Junior Member mstarego is an unknown quantity at this point

2005 Magnum lug nuts

Trying to change my brakes for the first time on this car...done many before. Tires have been rotated by the dealership (at least they sadi they did). All lug nut caps stripped and can't get off. Anyone have any suggestions for getting these off? Dealership just said "use a tighter socket"....not much help.