rear differential fluid on my 05 SXT

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member droptopcat70's Avatar droptopcat70 is an unknown quantity at this point

rear differential fluid on my 05 SXT

Hello all,
    question,
    my car has 41,000 miles on it and i took my mothers 08 chrysler 300 in for a oil change and the head guy there said after the 1st 3,000 miles on the magnum the rear end fluid needs to be changed cause theres only break in fluid in it.I like to know if this is true? I read about the magnet in the back to take out to clean the metal shavings and reinstall it after its cleaned but i lik to know bout this so called break in fluid...

Any input is greatly appreciated...

thanks
    pat

p,s, my car isnt a AWD car its a regular rear wheel drive
    1970 standard cougar convertible 1 of 24

1980 chevy c10 stepside 350 700r/4,23 bolt 3.73 rearend, painted iris blue metallic (show truck)

2001 dodge ram 4x4 sport(all black) call her the NIGHTSTALKER

2005 dodge magnum, SXT 3.5 v6 cool vanilla(gone but never forgotten)

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE NEW CAR!!!!!

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious! STLTH WGN is a Magnum Genious!
    yea mine had the same problem. You have to have the seal replaced otherwise it'll get worse in the long run. Take it in and have some shop do it but nothing more than $175!

Stealth,
    is it true that these cars come in from the factory with break in fluid? I never heard of that before.Even so i wonder if the previous owner was notified with this cause i looked in my owners manual and it doesnt say anything bout break in fluid.I`ll have a shop do the repair cause the guy said it is leaking a tiny bit but i dont need or can afford a complete rearend rebuild right now..

thanks
    pat

1980 chevy c10 stepside 350 700r/4,23 bolt 3.73 rearend, painted iris blue metallic (show truck)

252.646.2160 Grille Master NC-SXT's Avatar NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar! NC-SXT is a Magnum Superstar!
    That guy is full of total crap. He is only trying to sell you a service. Ask him to show you the Chrysler documents. If that was tru then Chrysler would be reponsible for changing the fluid free for you. Todays enginered engines, transmissions , rear ends, do not have "break-in oil".

Thanks NC
    makes me feel better hearing that.I thought it was funny looking in the owners manual and not seeing anything in the maintence area of it to change the fluid and this so called BREAK IN fluid..Total dumbass i tell ya.I wouldve been 1 if i fell for it and he tried selling me a air filter w/o even showing me the old 1. I told him no i got a clean 1 from my 05 magnum when i swapped it out for a k&n .I think i`m all done taking the vehicles there since this guy seems a little on the idiotic side to me...
    thanks for the heads up ..
    thanks
    pat