Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

RKE Battery Low ?

41K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MagWag 
#1 ·
Anyone know what 'RKE Battery Low' means? Showed up all of a sudden in System Warnings.

I would assume it means the main battery is low, but RKE? Couldn't find anything in the Owners Manual

Thanks

#2 ·
I did a google search, and the only reference was to "Remote Keyless Entry". Could be the battery in your key is going out. I thought it recharged while it was in the car, but I could be wrong.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. Makes sense now. Just couldn't figure out what else had a battery in it.

Key is for an '05, so I will just get a new one and update everyone on whether or not that took care of the error message.

Thanks again!!!!

#6 ·
Yep. That was it. The battery actually wasn't the low, however the clip that holds the battery came loose, so the connection was sporadic.

Resoldered and Voila! - No more RKE Battery Low.

MEGOFASTNOLIKESYSTEMWARNINGSBUTLIKEEASYFIX

#7 ·
Glad it all worked out and was a easy fix.

#8 ·
I had the "RKE Battery Low" message also then just yesterday response from the key to unlock and lock the car was poor, so immediately thought the battery in the Key.

Searched the web about the battery model for the key, came to this thread, and noticed a mention of the connection of the battery clamp coming loose for some.

Opened the key and yes, I too had the solder problem with the battery clamp.

Re-soldered and all works well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.