RKE Battery Low ?

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member hemimojo's Avatar hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star!

RKE Battery Low ?

Anyone know what 'RKE Battery Low' means? Showed up all of a sudden in System Warnings.

I would assume it means the main battery is low, but RKE? Couldn't find anything in the Owners Manual

Thanks
    megofast

Daily Affirmation:
    I'm big enough, I'm fast enough, I'm shiny enough, and doggonit, I've got a freakin' HEMI !

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Being kept down by the man 4rwheeler's Avatar

4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to!
    I did a google search, and the only reference was to "Remote Keyless Entry". Could be the battery in your key is going out. I thought it recharged while it was in the car, but I could be wrong.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
    -Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar! Prospector is a Magnum Superstar!

Exclamation

From what I can find: it is the battery in your key going low.
    PHIL SXT
    Dual Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust System
    K&N Series 63 CAI, Ported Throttle Body
    Big Bully Catch Can, Diablo Predator

Member hemimojo's Avatar hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star! hemimojo is a Magnum All Star!
    Thanks guys. Makes sense now. Just couldn't figure out what else had a battery in it.

Key is for an '05, so I will just get a new one and update everyone on whether or not that took care of the error message.

Thanks again!!!!
    megofast

Daily Affirmation:
    I'm big enough, I'm fast enough, I'm shiny enough, and doggonit, I've got a freakin' HEMI !

Member MagnumRT05's Avatar MagnumRT05 is just warmin' up!
    It is the Remote Key. I had it come up too and I took the screw outta the key, went and got me a new battery at Rite Aide and now it is gone!

Thumbs up

Yep. That was it. The battery actually wasn't the low, however the clip that holds the battery came loose, so the connection was sporadic.

Resoldered and Voila! - No more RKE Battery Low.

MEGOFASTNOLIKESYSTEMWARNINGSBUTLIKEEASYFIX
    megofast

Daily Affirmation:

Being kept down by the man 4rwheeler's Avatar

4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to!
    Glad it all worked out and was a easy fix.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
    -Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Junior Member Auswak is an unknown quantity at this point
    I had the "RKE Battery Low" message also then just yesterday response from the key to unlock and lock the car was poor, so immediately thought the battery in the Key.

Searched the web about the battery model for the key, came to this thread, and noticed a mention of the connection of the battery clamp coming loose for some.

Opened the key and yes, I too had the solder problem with the battery clamp.

Re-soldered and all works well.

MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    easy fixes are the greatest!

Version 2.0 soon, stay tuned!

rollin a dodge... it just aint a magnum

MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! MagWag is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    oh, and welcome to the site Auswak!

Version 2.0 soon, stay tuned!

rollin a dodge... it just aint a magnum