correct way to check trans fluid

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

loven the super charged life jayalbertcars's Avatar

jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!

correct way to check trans fluid

i got this from alldata
    2006 Dodge Magnum V8-5.7L VIN 2

Vehicle Level Transmission and Drivetrain Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Service and Repair Check Oil Level Check Oil LevelNotesSpecial Tools

Dipstick 9336

CHECK OIL LEVEL
    1. Verify that the vehicle is parked on a level surface.
    2. Remove the dipstick tube cap. WARNING: Risk of accident from vehicle starting off by itself when engine running. Risk of injury from contusions and burns if you insert your hands into the engine when it is started or when it is running. Secure vehicle to prevent it from moving off by itself. Wear properly fastened and close-fitting work clothes. Do not touch hot or rotating parts.
    3. Actuate the service brake. Start engine and let it run at idle speed in selector lever position P.
    4. Shift through the transmission modes several times with the vehicle stationary and the engine idling
    5. Warm up the transmission, wait at least 2 minutes and check the oil level with the engine running. Push the Oil Dipstick 9336 into transmission fill tube until the dipstick tip contacts the oil pan and pull out again, read off oil level, repeat if necessary.
    NAG1 Transmission Fill Graph

NOTE: The dipstick will protrude from the fill tube when installed.

1. Check transmission oil temperature using the appropriate scan tool. NOTE: The true transmission oil temperature can only be read by a scan tool in REVERSE or any forward gear position.
    2. The transmission Oil Dipstick 9336 has indicator marks every 10mm . Determine the height of the oil level on the dipstick and using the height, the transmission temperature, and the Transmission Fluid Graph, determine if the transmission oil level is correct.
    3. Add or remove oil as necessary and recheck the oil level.
    4. Once the oil level is correct, install the dipstick tube cap
    i have a guestion for the diablo folks can u check trans temp with this unit

DODGE MAGNUM "THE POSSIBLITIES ARE ENDLESS "

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! jayalbertcars is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    i have the miller tool and i use my modis it will read trans temp but we serviced waynes [deaddog] tranny last night and i was not able to find trans temp on his diablo if it is not there that would be a misstake

2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star!
    Not to sound like a dummy but you use the "oil" dipstick to check the tranny fluid ?? I think I read it right, thats cool, if im readin this right.

where's my airbrush?? GreenKing's Avatar

GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    ^no, they are seperate pieces. The trans dip stick doesn't come with our cars, they don't want us to be able to check it on our own

Quote: Originally Posted by 2006 Magnum View Post
    Not to sound like a dummy but you use the "oil" dipstick to check the tranny fluid ?? I think I read it right, thats cool, if im readin this right.
    no you need the miller dip stick tool

2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star! 2006 Magnum is a Magnum All Star!
    Oh, thanks guys, Im still under warranty so I'll take it in to have it checked if I feel the need. But do you guys know the price of the miller dipstick tool??

Member haist82's Avatar haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training! haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training! haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training! haist82 is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    oh thanks dude i need to get that dip stick!was gonna check the trans fluid level and run in to this problem.where do i get this dip stick jay?

do work son

Member Hemissary's Avatar Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar!
    HEMISSARY ----simon----

i am seeing little red xs in the first picture was a miller tool and in the second picture was a graft i do not know how to fix them any way i got my miller tool from my matco dealer you also must be able to read true tranny temp that can be done with a scan tool and in a gear rev or drive my scan tool that i own is a modis i got that from my snap on dealer what i was woundering is can you read tranny temp with the diablo

Quote: Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    thank you my friend my graphs turned in to little red xs

Quando omni flunkus moritati. stingrayj's Avatar stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious! stingrayj is a Magnum Genious!
    I have not seen any menu options that would allow you to read the transmission temp. The cars would have to have a temperature sensor in the transmission in order for the Predator to be able to read it. I don't know if the LX's have such a sensor...and if they do, I don't know if it is only on certain models or years.

Member Hemissary's Avatar Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar! Hemissary is a Magnum Superstar!
    Read my write-up, the NAG1 has more than one temperature sensor. The Predator is not capable of displaying transmission temperature...
    HEMISSARY ----simon----

Newbie tommy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote: Originally Posted by GreenKing View Post
    ^no, they are seperate pieces. The trans dip stick doesn't come with our cars, they don't want us to be able to check it on our own
    where can i get a trans dip stick

Member 06 R/T's Avatar 06 R/T is just warmin' up!
    I think I read once on here to use a 36 inch zip tie and measure the fluid once you have it checked at the stealership. That is a lot cheaper the a $50 dip stick.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast