Vehicle Level
Transmission and Drivetrain
Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
Service and Repair
Check Oil Level
Check Oil LevelNotesSpecial Tools

Dipstick 9336

CHECK OIL LEVEL

1. Verify that the vehicle is parked on a level surface.
  2. Remove the dipstick tube cap. WARNING: Risk of accident from vehicle starting off by itself when engine running. Risk of injury from contusions and burns if you insert your hands into the engine when it is started or when it is running. Secure vehicle to prevent it from moving off by itself. Wear properly fastened and close-fitting work clothes. Do not touch hot or rotating parts.
  3. Actuate the service brake. Start engine and let it run at idle speed in selector lever position P.
  4. Shift through the transmission modes several times with the vehicle stationary and the engine idling
  5. Warm up the transmission, wait at least 2 minutes and check the oil level with the engine running. Push the Oil Dipstick 9336 into transmission fill tube until the dipstick tip contacts the oil pan and pull out again, read off oil level, repeat if necessary.
NAG1 Transmission Fill Graph

NOTE: The dipstick will protrude from the fill tube when installed.

1. Check transmission oil temperature using the appropriate scan tool. NOTE: The true transmission oil temperature can only be read by a scan tool in REVERSE or any forward gear position.
  2. The transmission Oil Dipstick 9336 has indicator marks every 10mm . Determine the height of the oil level on the dipstick and using the height, the transmission temperature, and the Transmission Fluid Graph, determine if the transmission oil level is correct.
  3. Add or remove oil as necessary and recheck the oil level.
  4. Once the oil level is correct, install the dipstick tube cap
i have a guestion for the diablo folks can u check trans temp with this unit

See less See more
#4 ·
^no, they are seperate pieces. The trans dip stick doesn't come with our cars, they don't want us to be able to check it on our own

#9 ·
i am seeing little red xs in the first picture was a miller tool and in the second picture was a graft i do not know how to fix them any way i got my miller tool from my matco dealer you also must be able to read true tranny temp that can be done with a scan tool and in a gear rev or drive my scan tool that i own is a modis i got that from my snap on dealer what i was woundering is can you read tranny temp with the diablo

#11 ·
I have not seen any menu options that would allow you to read the transmission temp. The cars would have to have a temperature sensor in the transmission in order for the Predator to be able to read it. I don't know if the LX's have such a sensor...and if they do, I don't know if it is only on certain models or years.

#16 ·
WAIT...
(I got my 2006 Magnum R/T in August 2010, so I still haven't looked at this.)
The 5.7 DOESN'T have a transmission oil dipstick???
You're kiddin' me!?!?!?

#18 ·
This is what the Miller tool looks like....................

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.