2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Power windows - $4800 CRAIGSLIST SCAM!!

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Black in the Hat.. meltdown211's Avatar meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!

2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Power windows - $4800 CRAIGSLIST SCAM!!

Ok, just about every day I look on Craigslist to see whats out there for Dodge Magnums, parts, wheels, etc. I found this person selling a 2008 SRT8 for ...hold on to your hats...$4800.00

I thought it was a mis print so I sent the person an email asking what the correct price is, and to inform them they made a mistake. My thought was that MAY be $14,800 which is still an incredible deal OR maybe they forgot a "0" and they wanted $48,000 for it which is completely overblown..lol.

Here is the reply I recieved...

Hi,

Thank you for being interested in buying my 2008 DODGE MAGNUM SRT-8, 10,100 miles, Transmission: Automatic, VIN: 2D8GV77358H198057.
    It is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident; comes with all the documents needed for registration and clear title.

My final price on it is US $4,800. It is priced to sell fast !
    My husband died one month ago and I decided to move closer to my parents(they are very old) in Canada and the car is here with me. As I am unable to travel in the near future and having no one to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this.

So don't get me wrong and don't take it personally but I would prefer to secure the deal through eBay. Also because the car will be shipped from Canada to US I prefer to work with a third party in order to keep the both of us safe in this deal. I will be assured you will buy the car and you will be assured that you will receive it! Basically the money will be sent to them and they will keep the money until you receive the car and only after you inspect and drive it they will forward the money to me.

If you have other questions feel free to email.
    Thank you!
    Nicola Roft.

About 7 months ago we purchased a mini Van and I looked on Craigslist to buy one locally...funny thing...almost the EXACT email came back to me about the Van being in Canada and they wanted to do the deal thru Ebay, and how safe it is and how clean the vehicle was. The vehicle was with a shipping company and I had 3 days to inspect it.

So to make a long story longer...I know this was a scam...but I like to play a bit so I wrote her back... Here is my question and her response...

To: nicola.roft@msn.com
    Subject: RE: 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Power windows - $4800 (st clair shores)
    Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 0133 -0400

Hi Nicola, where in Canada is the vehicle? Would you allow a third party to inspect before purchase? Do you have photos available? Why did you state St Clair Shores if its in Canada? Interested.

Hello again,
    The car is still registered in US. If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping to your address as the vehicle is already at the shipping company in Quebec ready to go anywhere in the United States. Also the car has a clear title and it is free of any lien/loan.
    The sale will be managed by eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program for our own protection as they act as a neutral third part.
    eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program will keep the money until you inspect/drive the vehicle.

This is how the Vehicle Purchase Protection Program works:

1. I will contact eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program and give all the info about this deal.
    2. They will email us the forms which are needed for our deal.
    3. You will send the payment to eBay and they will notify me to ship the vehicle to your location.
    4. After you will inspect/drive the vehicle and decide to keep it, eBay will forward me the funds and the deal is done.

Remember you have 3 days to test it. If by any reason the vehicle is not as described or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working vehicle. I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure everything is clarified before any further steps.
    If you are interested please let me know your shipping details(name and address) so I can open a transaction case.

Looking forward to hear from you,
    Nicola

Anywho, I may play along a bit more just to mess with this jerkoff as this stinks to high heaven! Please be aware of these idiots and PLEASE feel free to contact her at the email address to get more information about this deal. Here is the Craigslist ad....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/1728126962.html

Be careful out there!! I am half tempted to drive out there depending on where in Canada she says this car is....but my "spider sense" is tingling soo bad I know its just a waste of my time...

ANy thoughts??

Melty

Hidden Content
    Danko Chin Spoiler, Rumble Bee Scoop, Tinted Tails, Blackout Headlights, KenwoodDDX-512 DVD , Hifonics Brutus, 2- Alpine 12's Type R's, U2 Wheels 265/35/22, Big Bully CAI, Predator Sport, Blastin Bob's Dual Exhaust....and the list goes on...
  2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

I taught I taw a puddy tat.... Steves05RT's Avatar
    Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!Steves05RT is a Magnum Genious!
    Went to look at the ad and it has already been removed by Craigslist. Guess they felt the same way as you.
    Newbie TooGood2BeTrue is an unknown quantity at this point

2008 Magnum -- Nicola Roft

I emailed this person too and got the EXACT emails. I'm pretty interested in knowing if she has it too. After I got the email asking me for my full name and shipping info it got sketchy since I had asked her if she had many other interested buyers. So i decided to google her name and found your post..

here's the new link: http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1726902348.html
    Member imjester77's Avatar imjester77 is making a name for themself!
    It's most likely a fat man sitting on his bean bag chair in his g-string eating twinkies making adds on his computer from Iran, thinking..."Stupid Americans will Believe anything...as long as I put Ebay in front of the add...they will think it is true...Hahhahahahah!" What a Jerkoff....Hope his/her car gets stolen, burned and they get charged for the removal of the wreckage.!
    Life goes pretty fast...so you might as well keep up or move aside, cause here I come!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

2007 Steel Blue Metallic MSRT8...Magnaflow cat back. 6.1L Hemi Registry #1253
    "Support Coast Guard Search and Rescue...Get Lost" Hidden Content
    Senior Member BlackTop's Avatar BlackTop is a Magnum All Star!BlackTop is a Magnum All Star!BlackTop is a Magnum All Star!BlackTop is a Magnum All Star!BlackTop is a Magnum All Star!BlackTop is a Magnum All Star!
    these sam artists just makes my nerves bad.
    Hidden Content
    JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY!
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. By Jesus (John 14:6 )

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    And Canada is now in Fort Wayne, IN!!! I wonder if the Canadians know they have been kidnapped???
    Hidden Content
    2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS! One of 116 Built!!!!!

Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Send them an email back letting them know that you have placed a trace on their IP address and have forwarded all their internet activity to Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home. Also inform them that you may be using a 3rd party software that places cookies into their browser that acts as a GPS locator.
    Hidden Content

Wheels // Accessories // Body kits // Suspension // Electronics
    Member MattRMagnum's Avatar MattRMagnum is just warmin' up!
    This lady is still posting this car? She actually did have a Magnum. I don't know why she keeps posting it. I bought it from her a few months ago...
    Newbie TooGood2BeTrue is an unknown quantity at this point
    wait, really? you bought the car for $4800? as nice as she said?
    Black in the Hat.. meltdown211's Avatar meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!meltdown211 is a Magnum Expert!
    i gotta hear this....
    Hidden Content
    Danko Chin Spoiler, Rumble Bee Scoop, Tinted Tails, Blackout Headlights, KenwoodDDX-512 DVD , Hifonics Brutus, 2- Alpine 12's Type R's, U2 Wheels 265/35/22, Big Bully CAI, Predator Sport, Blastin Bob's Dual Exhaust....and the list goes on...
    Member Elanglois's Avatar Elanglois is just warmin' up!
    they had a thing on fox 2 news about something like this awhile ago and people actually had the car but they were stolen and when you try to insure them the cops come seize it and your out your money
Reply to Thread