blinker blinking fast with new LED'S installed???

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member BLACK MAMBA's Avatar BLACK MAMBA is gettin' serious now! BLACK MAMBA is gettin' serious now!

blinker blinking fast with new LED'S installed???

Wondering what is causing this to happen and what to do to get it fixed.. just installed my new tails and have the LED turnsignal and backup lights... thanks everyone..

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

I am a computer.

Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    I am not 100% sure but I thought this happens because the LED's provide less resistance than the regular bulbs and that makes the car think the bulbs are burned out resulting in the fast blinker.

I have heard of people installing some sort of resistor to the circuit to solve the issue . . . not too sure on the details though.

Member BLACK MAMBA's Avatar BLACK MAMBA is gettin' serious now! BLACK MAMBA is gettin' serious now!
    hmm.. and how do i find out about these "resistors" and where to buy them and how to install them? is it something simple or very difficult to do oneself? thanks for your help chutsk10..

Member djjim1's Avatar djjim1 is a Magnum Expert! djjim1 is a Magnum Expert! djjim1 is a Magnum Expert! djjim1 is a Magnum Expert! djjim1 is a Magnum Expert!
    the fast blinking is cuz theres a bad or broken light im guessing
    jimmy The magboy

I am a computer.

Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Something like this is what I was refering to: LED Load Equalizer 50W/ 6ohm

But it appears these are used when "single" LED bulbs are used to replace the OEM bulbs in the OEM housing. . . not sure if the same unit is necessary for the LED clusters in aftermarket tails.
    Last edited by Chutsk10; 07-15-2010 at 03:59 PM.

these are the single bulb replacements.. so i will look at those..thaniks for the link bud

i noticed that they have two different ones for this.. a 25w 6OHM and a 50w 6OHM... WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE AND WHICH ONES SHOULD I GET?? OR DOES IT MATTER?

Programming and wiring GURU nyinstaller's Avatar
    nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious!
    chuts is right. You need load sells or resistors on the line to simulate the load of a normal bulb.

these devices are also sold at autozones and some pepboys. or at the link above.

you only have to put them on the blinker wire.

connect one wire to ground and the other to the blinker wire. Now keep in mind these things get hot so it is a good idea to mount them to metal and away from other wires.

usually you need the lower rated one if you only changed one blinker or the higher one if you changed both of them on the same side of the car.

the left is one circuit the right is another. so if you changed front and rear chances are you need the higher resitance setup. to make sure your flashing at the correct rate.

Chrysler/Dodge/jeep Programmer/ Diagnostics via starmobile.
    426 Modern Muscle Stroker Motor
    apache ported heads

Owner: Afterhours Mopar Performance in Sunny South Florida

There is always a brighter side to the dark ones. its just always at first hard to see.

I changed just the back tails.. I added led backup lights and led turnsignal leds.. Just on back though.. This is when the turn signal started to flash fast... So 10-12 bucks for a pair of these is a good price? Found them on ebay for 9.99 free shipping.. But if i can get them at autozone/oreillys ect, for about the same price i might just go that route..

And this is simple install correct.. Sounds pretty easy

full 300 swap inside and out hellsfire's Avatar
    hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious!
    i also have seen in the trucking industry. the semi trucks all use leds now. and in the cab is the flasher relay. well we removed the old flasher relay and installed the led flasher relay for 33.00. and you dont have to cut any wires or heat that could melt things. i will look into this and see if it will work on our mags.

Member vadr_h8r's Avatar vadr_h8r is just warmin' up!
    this is what I have in front and red ones in the rear. they blink fast. but they look cool when they are blinking fast. you just get used to it. blinker blinking fast with new LED'S installed???-led-3157-24w.jpg

full 300 swap inside and out hellsfire's Avatar
    hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious!
    i just found the relay i dont know if the one in our mag looks like. i think that it is a two spade but i will have to check unless some one else know. here is the heavy duty led relay that we use.
    Truck-Lite Heavy-Duty Solid State/Alternating Flashers 97231 | Wheeling Truck Center

Member Lolamon's Avatar Lolamon is making a name for themself! Lolamon is making a name for themself!
    I'm installing the LED bulbs as well. Like hellsfire mentioned the relay is the way to go. The problem I'm having is finding the turn signal relay so I can find out what LED flasher to replace it with. I have searched but I cannot find any info here or anywhere on the Magnums. I will post once I get it figured out.

In the meantime, check out http://www.superbrightleds.com they have a lot of information and parts for every application.
    Last edited by Lolamon; 09-11-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Member dumpster's Avatar dumpster is just warmin' up!
    i would just let'em rip off.... but i want everything on my car faster...lol
    all killer.... no filler

Programming and wiring GURU nyinstaller's Avatar
    nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious!
    hellfire is correct and wrong.

problem is there is no flasher in our cars that can be changed. the rate of flash is controlled by the brain of the car.
    so the only option we have is the load resistor setup.

now they dont heat up that much but they do get hot.
    the way to control this is to mount the resistor to metal if possible. depends on which type you get.
    or wrap the reistor in some wire loom with electrical tape.

they are safe and do the job.

Chrysler/Dodge/jeep Programmer/ Diagnostics via starmobile.
    426 Modern Muscle Stroker Motor
    apache ported heads

Owner: Afterhours Mopar Performance in Sunny South Florida

There is always a brighter side to the dark ones. its just always at first hard to see.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast