TCS & ESP/BAS lights are on and I can't go over 40mph or into second gear??

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbie siueparent is an unknown quantity at this point

TCS & ESP/BAS lights are on and I can't go over 40mph or into second gear??

My Traction Control System (TCS) Indicator Light is on and my
    Electronic Stability Program (ESP) / Brake

Assist System (BAS) Malfunction Indicator Light is on and I cant drive into secong gear, I can only do at least 40 mph? any ideas on a fix? Thanks

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Battle Wagon phaelan's Avatar phaelan is making a name for themself!
    Sounds like you have gone into "limp"mode. You need to get a scanner on that thing at the least. If you dont have access to one; or a mechanic you trust, you may have to take it to the dealership. Im sure more people will chime in
    "My lands are where my dead lie burried."
    -Crazy Horse.

Mods: Danko spoiler, Led tails, projector halo haedlights, Eibach Sportline springs/dampers (2"drop) & front/rear sway bars, Momo f-16 Evo shifter, billet pedals & foot rest, Danko grill , Lower grill built by owner, tripple guage pod w/Autometer guages, VDI vert. hinges, Danko shaker CAI, Taylor Thundervolt 8.2 "shorty" wires, Pergo flooring, Custom enclosure (built by owner) JBA headers & Cherry Bomb Extreme Catback.

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if it returns to normal, if not hit an Autozone and have them pull the codes....but it does sound like dealer time.....Good Luck

2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS!

Will those lights cause the car to drive funny. I disconnected the battery this morning and will try to hook it up tomorrow. But could it be the speed sensors. where is the rear axle speed sensor located if there is one for the rear axles?

CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star!
    Siueparent, something, a sensor or wire, is jacked up which has caused the lights to illuminate and the car to enter limp home mode. Get the battery hooked up and then if the lights are still on ease it over to an Autozone or Checkers etc. If the lights are not on, you should still be able to get the codes pulled, hard codes get stored in the ECU.
    Charlie - 07' Black SXT- Painted: eyelids,light buckets & grill, tint windows & tails, -badges & molding, Kicker Upgrade Amp, low HID, RT exhaust, 4" Infinity 4002i dash speakers undermount installed.
    Looking for: HIDs; Steering wheel switches; CAI; Danko Chin Spoiler; 402 Rear Spolier; 300C (Mid) spoiler; R/T or Hotchkis Sway Bar upgrade; SRT8 or Eibach Pro/B&G S2 Springs; 2sets of Kicker 6x9s; 300SRT8 Wheels; 17" Flip-down DVD
    *= parts on order *= parts awaiting install

I hooked up the battery this morning and the lights went off but the car stills doesnt want to go into second gear of over 40mph. So I guess its still in limp mode or something. lost I guess its to the dealership tomorrow.

Senior Member B-Rock's Avatar B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar! B-Rock is a Magnum Superstar!
    Do the key dance and write the codes down. There's a comprehensive list of codes on here and lxforums that you can use to pull the description of your problem. I think speed sensors are possible given the other lights that are on. You can search key dance and the codes list to get this information. Good Luck

05' Mag RT Mods: Eibach Pro System drop, Frankentake IV, Mesh Grill, 20" Gienelle Rims V-5's w/ 275/40/20's,
    Flowmaster Force II SS, Challenger 6.1 motor mounts,
    6000k DDM HID Kit/Highs, Lows, Fogs, Predator!, 180F T-Stat, No ESP mod, JVC NT3HDT

Programming and wiring GURU nyinstaller's Avatar
    nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious!
    sir,. you are in limp mode. im assuming you have a five speed trans now the two rear wheel speed sensors are what controls the trans shifting schedule with 1 or both not working your car will not shift correctly.

changing the speed sensors and getting them is farely easy.

NOw if you look in the spare tire well area under the car you will see a grommet with two different harnesses comming out of it on the front passenger side under the car now one will be short and if you follow it you will see if goes from that connection to the wheel hub. and same thing for the other side.

Now those are the two wheel sensors for the rear. thats where the trans gets it shift times from.

since you dont have a scanner and the sensors are not expensive id say replace them both you, can do it by your self. there is two metal retainer clips on the grommet under the car you pry outwords then pull on the side to release the harness. on the hub it is i believe an allen head bolt single bolt that holds the sensor in place. you will have to remove tire to make your life easier.

remove the single allen head bulb then the sensor will pry outwords do that for both sides.

the sensors control all the abs lights as well. however for the lights to come on after you have reset them it usually requires driving for a bit.

now if you have a diablo sport predetor you can reset the tcm adaptives your self navigate into the trans mission menu and it says reset adapatives that will set the tcm to stock and have it learn what it needs to know.

actually you car will shift hard into gear like if you shift in to revers and it clunks those sensors are not reading. but any way the car will shift from 1-2 2-3 than stick on three even after a stop it will stay in third.

so any way check the connections and or replace then u should be good.

here they are 30 each at autozone.
    Brake Sensor - ABS | 2006 Dodge Magnum 2WD 8 Cylinders 3 6.1L SFI Hemi OHV | AutoZone.com

same sensors for all 5 speed cars no matter what motor. almost possitive on that.
    Last edited by nyinstaller; 07-18-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Chrysler/Dodge/jeep Programmer/ Diagnostics via starmobile.
    426 Modern Muscle Stroker Motor
    apache ported heads

Owner: Afterhours Mopar Performance in Sunny South Florida

There is always a brighter side to the dark ones. its just always at first hard to see.

CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star! CAT3 is a Magnum All Star!
    Lets not forget the actual speed sensor on the transmission as well. Also easy to get to, easy to change and fairly inexpensive. I would see if the key dance will get you the code, discern wheel speed sensor from speed sensor (trans). You could have a simple cut in the wiring, or a bunch of crud on the sensor('s) causing it not to read correctly.
    Charlie - 07' Black SXT- Painted: eyelids,light buckets & grill, tint windows & tails, -badges & molding, Kicker Upgrade Amp, low HID, RT exhaust, 4" Infinity 4002i dash speakers undermount installed.
    Looking for: HIDs; Steering wheel switches; CAI; Danko Chin Spoiler; 402 Rear Spolier; 300C (Mid) spoiler; R/T or Hotchkis Sway Bar upgrade; SRT8 or Eibach Pro/B&G S2 Springs; 2sets of Kicker 6x9s; 300SRT8 Wheels; 17" Flip-down DVD
    *= parts on order *= parts awaiting install

Thanks Ill try the sensor tomorrow. I had the tow truck ready to come get it in the morning. What I noticed is that the service engine light doesn't even come on and go off anymore when I start the car.

full 300 swap inside and out hellsfire's Avatar
    hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious! hellsfire is a Magnum Genious!
    please do tell what you find out to help the rest of use out please.

The dealership couldnt help. the said 10 pages of commnication faults poped up. I guess im going for the hemi swap now.

Newbie pila is an unknown quantity at this point
    I have the same issue. My 2006 SXT engine lights up and my ESP BAS. It has been really frustrating. I took it to the Dealership twice. my car came back with the same issue. They switched the TCM the first time and reset codes the second. They are assumimg its my after market auto start. Can that be a issue? I gears wont turn over and i could go about 30mph with dragging. Should I replace my rear sensors as well? Please HELP!!!!!

Programming and wiring GURU nyinstaller's Avatar
    nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious! nyinstaller is a Magnum Genious!
    Quote: Originally Posted by siueparent View Post
    The dealership couldnt help. the said 10 pages of commnication faults poped up. I guess im going for the hemi swap now.
    the loss of communication codes could be that the abs module is disconnected. there is internal trans sensors however they have nothing to do with your abs system lights comming on and being in limp mode.

check the plug on your abs system. remove it blow out the connections than plug it back in. if the car is at the dealer have them do a transmission reset learned adaptives.

also there is no such thing as ten pages of codes . were they more specific ? as to what the codes said. for example if you disconnect your factory radio every single computer on the system will say so. redunent and anoying but oh well. so were they more specific as to what module was not communicating chances are its the abs system. as without it your car is not moving . also if you put the car in gear is in shifting into drive or revers real hard. ? if so your speed sensors and or abs system is not working as they should.

Quote: Originally Posted by pila View Post
    I have the same issue. My 2006 SXT engine lights up and my ESP BAS. It has been really frustrating. I took it to the Dealership twice. my car came back with the same issue. They switched the TCM the first time and reset codes the second. They are assumimg its my after market auto start. Can that be a issue? I gears wont turn over and i could go about 30mph with dragging. Should I replace my rear sensors as well? Please HELP!!!!!
    if it is on and off then id say yes try the speed sensors. for 30 bucks each its an easy thing to attempt .

Chrysler/Dodge/jeep Programmer/ Diagnostics via starmobile.
    426 Modern Muscle Stroker Motor
    apache ported heads

Owner: Afterhours Mopar Performance in Sunny South Florida

There is always a brighter side to the dark ones. its just always at first hard to see.

Newbie pila is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote: Originally Posted by nyinstaller View Post
    the loss of communication codes could be that the abs module is disconnected. there is internal trans sensors however they have nothing to do with your abs system lights comming on and being in limp mode.

check the plug on your abs system. remove it blow out the connections than plug it back in. if the car is at the dealer have them do a transmission reset learned adaptives.

also there is no such thing as ten pages of codes . were they more specific ? as to what the codes said. for example if you disconnect your factory radio every single computer on the system will say so. redunent and anoying but oh well. so were they more specific as to what module was not communicating chances are its the abs system. as without it your car is not moving . also if you put the car in gear is in shifting into drive or revers real hard. ? if so your speed sensors and or abs system is not working as they should.

if it is on and off then id say yes try the speed sensors. for 30 bucks each its an easy thing to attempt .
    The drive and rev gear do puch hard. I should check up on it. Anything else? Should I completly uninsatll my auto start as well? THX!!!

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast