Rear hatch gas shocks, looking for replacements

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious!

Rear hatch gas shocks, looking for replacements

As rough as they were last year, they still held the hatch up, this year, not so much. Any non stock recomendations? I know there have been a few threads around about some aftermarket shocks exploding, so figured I would hit the experts and looks for a non OEM replacement. I would appreciate any and all input.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar!
    I just ordered a set for my hood from rock auto and the had good prices and fast shipping... Also, if your not in a huge hurry, I've got a set of the billet strutwise coming for my hatch. There's nothing wrong with my factory ones, I'll make ya a deal next week when my new ones arrive. If your interested just pm me. I'll be out of town this weekend but I'll get back to ya sunday or monday at the latest..

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    OEM replacements work very well.....Hood & Hatch

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious!
    I got the stainless steel ones for the front and the rear.............. from Frank @ Strutwise.

WWW.STRUTWISE.COM

Our LX's are not listed on website, you need to call him.

He can build them as strong/weak as you want.

Bob

Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 74 - Married 53 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    I REALLY like the looks of those Bob!!!!

2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS!

Member t-slim is gettin' serious now! t-slim is gettin' serious now!
    Quote: Originally Posted by FloridaRT View Post
    I got the stainless steel ones for the front and the rear.............. from Frank @ Strutwise.

WWW.STRUTWISE.COM

Our LX's are not listed on website, you need to call him.

He can build them as strong/weak as you want.

Bob

How much did those run you? I noticed the ones on the Magnum I just picked up are feeling pretty weak. I doubt they will last too much longer.

riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious! riperoo is a Magnum Genious!
    I really like the way those strut wise units look, but am paranoid of making the jump cause I have heard and read some horror stories on them, exploding and doing damage to the hatch, and possibly injuring ones self. How long have you had them on there Bob? Any issues?

FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious!
    I have had mine on since 04/09 with no problems, originally I had ordered the plain black ones but they were out of stock and Frank sent me the stainless steel ones. I paid $100 for all 4 plus $21 postage...($121 total)....... I am sure that prices are now higher.
    A note about the rears, they do open the hatch higher - not a problem for me.

I like them,

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 74 - Married 53 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious!
    I would say order Mopar replacements. MoparSuperCenter.com.
    Just lower it.