HID - 6000K, 8000K or 10000K, which one?

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Junior Member speedrcr is an unknown quantity at this point

HID - 6000K, 8000K or 10000K, which one?

I'm getting HID from AAC style....which bulbs should I do...6000K, 8000K or 10000K, which one?

What are the pros/cons?

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious! SoCalRT is a Magnum Genious!
    I had 6000K in mine. I went through two sets before calling it quits...
    Later, Brett
    Click the pic to go to my site
    SoCalLX - " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"

Junior Member speedrcr is an unknown quantity at this point
    Hhy what happened?

Quote: Originally Posted by SoCalRT View Post
    I had 6000K in mine. I went through two sets before calling it quits...

I don't like change!!! DA H.N.I.C.'s Avatar
    DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to!
    I have the 10,000K from AAC in my projectors. Just can't seem to aim the damn things! But it's all a matter of preference in terms of which ones you like.
    The lower the number, the brighter they are.

2005 AWD Dodge Magnum SXT
    2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
    2002 Dodge Viper R/T

QUE TU SABE DESO TRUEST ONE's Avatar TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star!
    You have to remember that the higher number you go, the less light output. Although you might go with a 10k or 12k for that "purple" look...they're not going to be as bright as a 6k or 8k which give that "blue" look. I went with the Xetronic 8000k H.I.D. kit from xtralights.com. As you can see in my small pic, its a nice blue color....AND THEY ARE BRIGHT!!!!

Senior Member kermit's Avatar kermit is a Magnum All Star! kermit is a Magnum All Star! kermit is a Magnum All Star! kermit is a Magnum All Star! kermit is a Magnum All Star! kermit is a Magnum All Star! kermit is a Magnum All Star!
    i got eh white its the 6000 k you cant go wrong with the stock HID color and its bright!!
    hey as long as it runs its all GROOVY!

Junior Member liltwig12's Avatar liltwig12 is an unknown quantity at this point
    8000k is a nice white color with a light blue hue. Looks real nice.

Being kept down by the man 4rwheeler's Avatar

4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to! 4rwheeler is the one everyone should be listening to!
    I would do 6000k, nice clean and bright light with a slight blue hue. 8000k to blue for me and don't get me started with the dim purple 10,000k and 12,000k.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
    -Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

I don't like change!!! DA H.N.I.C.'s Avatar
    DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to! DA H.N.I.C. is the one everyone should be listening to!
    I'm in the process of swapping going up to either 6000k or 4300k. Got the 10,000k right now but there's a little too much color for me. Contacted AAC and Stealth Auto. 4300k is OEM stock on most cars N trucks equipped w/HID's.
    Because I am running aftermarket projectors the beams are more focused but not necessarily brighter........that and the fact of them being 10,000k. I think I'm gonna take their advice and go check HID's out at a couple dealerships. Wanna get it JUST right.

2005 AWD Dodge Magnum SXT
    2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
    2002 Dodge Viper R/T