Broke the Oil Dipstick Handle Off!

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member Gitcharoo's Avatar Gitcharoo is a Magnum Expert in Training! Gitcharoo is a Magnum Expert in Training! Gitcharoo is a Magnum Expert in Training!

Angry Broke the Oil Dipstick Handle Off!

Went to put on my newly painted engine cover on (it looks awesome I might add), when I caught the plastic dipstick handle and it snapped right off! The brioken end is down in the metal tube. Anyone have any ideas on getting it out? Or do I have to replace the whole dipstick tube?

Inferno Red RT
    Diablo Predator and the 91 Octane CAI Tune
    K&N Air Charger 63 Series, Blastin Bob's 7 db kit
    Helo Tease Chrome Wheels,
    20" x 8.5"
    255/45R-20 Nitto NT 420S (I like some sidewalls)
    Carriage Works billet grille with custom fog light inserts
    Custom Paint
    Stock RT headlamps with 6000K HIDs

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member macisaac's Avatar macisaac is just warmin' up!
    I got mine out with a screw. good luck. if u cant get it dealership charges 50 for a new one put in.

Member Gitcharoo's Avatar Gitcharoo is a Magnum Expert in Training! Gitcharoo is a Magnum Expert in Training! Gitcharoo is a Magnum Expert in Training!

Smile

Quote: Originally Posted by macisaac View Post
    I got mine out with a screw. good luck. if u cant get it dealership charges 50 for a new one put in.
    You are THE MAN!

I went and tapped the broken end with my smallest drll bit, then twisted in a screw. I was remembering how tight the fit was, but then I remembered that I had taken out the O-ring. I applied the vice grips... a little constant pulling... and it popped right out!

Now I need to find a new dipstick (without a plastic handle).

Inferno Red RT
    20" x 8.5"
    Custom Paint

keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI! Demon's Avatar

Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious!
    Billet Tech... you remove the pin from the plastic and use the rod with their handle, MAJOR improvement.

http://www.custombilletstore.com/Bil...ck_p/30012.htm

Quote: Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Billet Tech... you remove the pin from the plastic and use the rod with their handle, MAJOR improvement.

Billet Oil Dip Stick
    That looks perfect! I'm ordering one right now...

Inferno Red RT
    20" x 8.5"
    Custom Paint

Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious!
    You won't be disappointed, I love mine.

igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar! igolo is a Magnum Superstar!
    I got the BT one too, much better and looks great!

Member firefighter313's Avatar firefighter313 is an unknown quantity at this point
    ya the bt one is awesome replacement i got mine and it was easy to replace too

To my hooligans with the halligans rock on
    IAFF local 4238

Quote: Originally Posted by firefighter313 View Post
    ya the bt one is awesome replacement i got mine and it was easy to replace too
    I was surprised at how easy it was...

06CVR/T is making a name for themself! 06CVR/T is making a name for themself!
    I've had a BT for over a year, but can't get the original through pin to budge??? Any help here?
    Sluggo - 06MagnumR/T -Frankintake IV with Specter stack upgrade, 5.7 based square stroker, MM 85 MM TB, Worked Inertia 6.1 heads, SRT headers and cats, Solo cat back, Thermo & Cool It fan mods, Saudi Rad, Trans, flex plate and 4K TC by B B , P/S, and 2 oil coolers, Pedders Track II, Megan racing coil overs, NOESP, TranZformer, MPTCM, Zt-2 A/F, Trinity with EGT Module, 20" JacksNFives with Invos, Wilwood brake upgrades, Eibach sway bars, BWoody links, Chally 3.06 with Quaife and heavy shafts.

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Quote: Originally Posted by 06CVR/T View Post
    I've had a BT for over a year, but can't get the original through pin to budge??? Any help here?
    I used a tiny finishing nail to drive the pin out.

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Quote: Originally Posted by Fireman2118 View Post
    I used a tiny finishing nail to drive the pin out.
    X2 small nail and a socket to rest it on, came right out.