Valve Covers: Powder Coated.

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star!

Valve Covers: Powder Coated.

Installed my newly powder coated valve covers this morning. Went pretty smooth except for gashing my hands all gashed up trying to get those bottom bolts off & then back on. Pretty tight against those fender wells.

Legmaker 4" True CAI, Flowmaster catback exhust, 180 jet stat., Billitt catchcan, no ESP mod, MTCM, Diablo 93 tune, razors edge strut bar, Hellwig front & rear sway bars, Progress Technology lowering springs, 2" drop, Koni STR.T struts and shocks.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Nice job, looks really good!

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Member Big Daddy J's Avatar Big Daddy J is a Magnum Expert! Big Daddy J is a Magnum Expert! Big Daddy J is a Magnum Expert! Big Daddy J is a Magnum Expert! Big Daddy J is a Magnum Expert!
    nicely done
    Severed Ties Socal Petitioner

Current Sponsors and Supporters: Raceline Wheels, Nexen Tires, Slam Specialties, Airaid, Modified Metal Shifters, Amsoil, Magnaflow, R1 Concepts, Odyssey Batteries, Viair Corporation, American Car Craft, Toro Wax, California Upholstery, Show & Performance, KP Concepts, Blessed Motorsports, GO EZ.

Member TeamOSC's Avatar TeamOSC is just warmin' up!
    That looks awesome,was planning on doing mine soon.
    2005 Cool Vanilla Chargum R/T Bagged on 24's

Senior Member F-5.7's Avatar F-5.7 is making a name for themself!
    Good job!

K&N CAI, SRT-8 Cat Back Exhaust, DiabloSport inTune (Diablo Tune 93 oct.)

Member JL-KA's Avatar JL-KA is making a name for themself!
    Looks great man

NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    I recently bought a second spare set of HEMI valve covers and wanting to get this set powder coated and put them on one of our Hemis; then have those done and work my way through all four of our 5.7L cars. Wondering, IF you don't mind approximately cost for the powder coating? Haven't really checked around here YET. Thanks!

My Cars:
    2006 Magnum SRT8 "SHADOW"
    2005 Red Magnum R/T "LUCKY"
    2005 Blue Magnum R/T "BLUE"
    2006 Chrysler 300SRT "CHEETA"
    Plus have SEVERAL OTHER RIDES
    "Old Geezers LOVE cars Too!!!

Hemi Registry #864 2/15/08
    Jim

Senior Member JDV213's Avatar JDV213 is just warmin' up!
    Man that looks sweet!

Member chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star! chillidic is a Magnum All Star!
    Quote: Originally Posted by NOTPAID4 View Post
    I recently bought a second spare set of HEMI valve covers and wanting to get this set powder coated and put them on one of our Hemis; then have those done and work my way through all four of our 5.7L cars. Wondering, IF you don't mind approximately cost for the powder coating? Haven't really checked around here YET. Thanks!
    It was 100 bucks for the pair. Only one place in my area to choose from, so I really didn't have a choice.
    Last edited by chillidic; 11-15-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Legmaker 4" True CAI, Flowmaster catback exhust, 180 jet stat., Billitt catchcan, no ESP mod, MTCM, Diablo 93 tune, razors edge strut bar, Hellwig front & rear sway bars, Progress Technology lowering springs, 2" drop, Koni STR.T struts and shocks.

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    That looks really nice!!!! I like it!

2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS!

Senior Member el guapo's Avatar el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar!
    This is pretty sweet...might look into something like this myself. Question...are the gaskets reuseable or should I DEFINITELY get a new set?
    I've got a mind that can steer me to your house,
    And a heart that can bring you red flowers.
    My intentions are good and earnest and true,
    But under my hood is internal combustion power.

Satan is my Motor - Cake

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” - Jack Handy

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. - Dark Helmet

You could reuse the originals but I got a new set . $36 from RockAuto.

NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! NOTPAID4 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Quote: Originally Posted by chillidic View Post
    It was 100 bucks for the pair. Only one place in my area to choose from, so I really didn't have a choice.
    Thank you for the reply. Just found out about a guy semi local that does this and I need to check with him.

My Cars:
    2006 Magnum SRT8 "SHADOW"
    2005 Red Magnum R/T "LUCKY"
    2005 Blue Magnum R/T "BLUE"
    2006 Chrysler 300SRT "CHEETA"
    Plus have SEVERAL OTHER RIDES
    "Old Geezers LOVE cars Too!!!

Hemi Registry #864 2/15/08
    Jim

Member VDODGEA's Avatar VDODGEA is an unknown quantity at this point
    Those look great!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member smack's Avatar smack is gettin' serious now! smack is gettin' serious now! smack is gettin' serious now!
    Looks great!

Comp 268 cam..6.1 valve springs..6.1 pushrods..Eagle intake with CTP spacers, shaved smooth..shorty wires...180 t-stat..LMI carbon fiber Cai..BT catch can..EGR delete
    Diablo Sport, Johan tune, 93 oct...Tranzformer...BBK headers..JBA catless mid pipes..Full 3" Jegs exhaust...BC Coilovers...R1 drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads...
    Vis Carbon fiber SRT style hood..Daystar poly hood pins..Flash tech halos..

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast