Sunroof stuck in vent position

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Newbie nikonbuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunroof stuck in vent position

Hi, my sunroof is stuck in the vent position and will not move at all. When I push the buttons that control the sunroof I don't hear anything and nothing happens at all. I've tried all of the solutions that I could find on this forum, "may have missed some"

Is there anyway to get it closed? I'm away on vacation and REALLY don't want to take it to a dealer out here but there's a lot of rain coming this way.

Thank you

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member dakamp84's Avatar dakamp84 is making a name for themself!
    Have you tried pulling the fuse? This will reset it assuming nothing in the track has gone bad or in the switch. It is Fuse # 40 in the rear fuse box but make sure to have the power on in the car when you pull it. Let us know if this helps.

Thank you, I just tried pulling the fuse, no luck... is there a certain amount of time I should wait before I reinstall the fuse? I tried it twice & waited about 10 seconds before replacing it.

Member dakamp84's Avatar dakamp84 is making a name for themself!
    The typical procedure is to have some one pull it while the sunroof is in motion. Since you cannot move yours, this creates a small problem.

Is the fuse bad? You should be able to see if it is. I would cycle the sunroof (hit the close/vent/retract - anything that should make it move), have some one pull the fuse, wait for about 30 secs just to confirm (you can even try hitting the buttons again to drain residual power), then reinstall. If it works the sunroof will auto recalibrate (will close and go up and down in the location). You can also hold the Vent button down and the roof should vent to max height then reset to corrected. Do you hear any noise from it or anything? If that does not work, you may have a bad motor, track, arms broken or disconnected, etc.

Did you hit a large pot hole or something that jarred the car pretty hard. Sometimes the connectors pop off (pretty rare) but possible.

still no luck. I don't recall hitting any bumps or potholes and I don't hear any noise at all when I push any of the buttons. Thanks for all you help/advice!.

Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star!
    Try this - Sunroof not closing flush with the roof? Not sure if it'll work

Celeste - 2005 SXT

Living The Magnum Lifestyle

C.M.O.M - July 2012

Newbie Javier's Avatar Javier is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanx for this link bro.......sunroof is driving me crazy!!!! at least it pushed me to do the headliner re wrap earlier!! Now i just gotta put back together and try this quik fix.

Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star! Ghost is a Magnum All Star!
    No problem bro...hope it worked!

Celeste - 2005 SXT

Living The Magnum Lifestyle

C.M.O.M - July 2012