ERG code P1004 problem solved

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member avrancart's Avatar avrancart is an unknown quantity at this point

ERG code P1004 problem solved

I recently had my 2007 SXT 3.5L in for the engine light on twice now. It showed code P1004. The dealer upgraded some software to correct the problem and it did not work and I took the car back. Apparently if the software upgrade does not work and you are under warranty they are obligated to install a completely new intake manifold which they did. So far so good.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Quote: Originally Posted by avrancart View Post
    I recently had my 2007 SXT 3.5L in for the engine light on twice now. It showed code P1004. The dealer upgraded some software to correct the problem and it did not work and I took the car back. Apparently if the software upgrade does not work and you are under warranty they are obligated to install a completely new intake manifold which they did. So far so good.
    Congrats on the fix, glad it worked out for ya.

Wheels // Accessories // Body kits // Suspension // Electronics

QUE TU SABE DESO TRUEST ONE's Avatar TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star! TRUEST ONE is a Magnum All Star!
    Glad everything worked out for ya! Thanks for the info!
    20" KMC NOVA WHEELS / DUAL-EXHAUST CONVERSION / AFE STAGE 2 CAI / DEBADGED / XETRONIC 8000K H.I.D.s / KENWOOD DNX5120 / BOSTON ACOUSTICS 6.5" COMPONENTS / KICKER SOLAR BARIC L5 SUB / ALPINE PDX 1.600 AMP

1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! 1blkperl is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Thats cool and no crap ?

Member fokkerpilot is gettin' serious now! fokkerpilot is gettin' serious now!
    Quote: Originally Posted by avrancart View Post
    Hmmmm. I, too, have an 07 SXT. What exactly was the issue and how many miles on your vehicle during the occurrence? Was there a TSB out about the intake manifold?
    Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Junk

Mods Completed on this SXT: Embroidered Head Rest Logos, K&N 57 Series FIPK CAI, DynoMax Super-Turbo Duals w/ RT Resonators, Diablo Predator 89 Oct Tune, & R/T Sway Bars

Member avrancart's Avatar avrancart is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote: Originally Posted by fokkerpilot View Post
    Hmmmm. I, too, have an 07 SXT. What exactly was the issue and how many miles on your vehicle during the occurrence? Was there a TSB out about the intake manifold?
    The issue was the engine light went on but no peformance issues. Car has 26,800 miles and do not know if there was a TSB on this. I am only going by what the dealer told me. I was delighted to get the new intake manifold because I was getting ready to do a throttle body cleaning myself.