Modern Muscle 3.5L Super Charger Install......

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member SKULLBOY's Avatar SKULLBOY is a Magnum All Star! SKULLBOY is a Magnum All Star! SKULLBOY is a Magnum All Star! SKULLBOY is a Magnum All Star! SKULLBOY is a Magnum All Star! SKULLBOY is a Magnum All Star!

Modern Muscle 3.5L Super Charger Install......

I was privileged to be the First up here in Canada to own the new Modern Muscle 3.5L supercharger kit.

I did the install myself over the course of a weekend (I think I am also the first to tackle the install by ones self)...........

The Kit is well thought out, and contains everything you need.The S/C itself was pretty straight forward to install, but the optional water/meth injection system was a little more complicated.

The biggest pain in the butt is having to remove the upper intake manifold in order to change injectors, and access the spark plugs.........

The strut brace needs to be removed in order to get the upper intake off and out. Word of advice, have a new intake and EGR seal/gasket on hand........Don't risk using the old ones......don't want a vacuum leak.......I also changed the spark plugs while I was at it. Since the upper intake is a pain to take off, you might as well change everything, so you don't have to do it over again....

The Injectors were easy to swap.Just don't lose the little clips that lock them in!!!!!!

The plugs can be removed only by using a thin wall socket, and extendable magnet as they are way down inside the head.

IMHO, Kind of a silly design.......requires intake removal to change plugs........

The Crew At Modern Muscle are always there if you need help, and are quick to get back to you.

Painted the ProCharger Coolant tank to match my engine cover...

Factory Injectors.....

Little bit of a "grit" build up....

New Injectors installed.....

S/C Bracketry......

Ties into the power steering pump mount...

Additional Idler installed...

Coolant tank installed.....

Since this coolant tank doesn't overflow back into itself like the factory tank, the overflow line feeds down into a catch can I installed in front of the front wheel well.......you will need to do this if you race on the track.......

The SRT/4 MAP Sensor....

Blow off valve...

Location of the water/meth injection controller.......I wanted a "stealth like" install.......

Finished Install.......

I have set up the Meth Injection to pull from the washer tank, and mounted the pump up in front of the drivers side fender well, on the bumper mount.

Since I have an older Calibration ID (The oldest one MM has seen so far...), I have some tuning issues with the MM Base S/C tune. Justin & John are working very hard to sort this issue out.Their Customer Service has been outstanding..........

When properly tuned, and with the Water/Meth injection running, I should be dyno-ing at around 320 to 340 RWHP!!!!!!

Overall I am Extremely happy with this kit!!!

If you are mechanically inclined, and have basic tools, you can do this in a weekend.

Cheers....
    Last edited by SKULLBOY; 06-02-2012 at 10:37 PM.

SKULL WAGON:*
    MM Vortec 10 PSI S/C kit * Innovate Wideband AFR * Meth Injection * Billet Tech oil Catch Can * 20" Boss 312s * Daytona R/T Suspension * 2.5" Dual Flowmaster Exhaust * Danko Chin Spoiler * AAC Bling Ringz * E&G Mesh Grilles * Clarion MAX385VD * Sony 9001 Amp * Clarion 12" Sub Box * CSRT8 Diffuser * Custom LED/CCFL Lighting * Custom leather/Snake Skin Headliner, Pillars, & Console cover *

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Tired Boss, Dog Tired
    Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star! Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star! Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star! Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star! Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star! Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star! Matsuuraman is a Magnum All Star!
    WOW, nice set up, congrats!
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    Borla Exhaust
    BigBully CAI
    BT Catch Can
    Diablo Predator
    Hemi Registry #1224

where's my airbrush?? GreenKing's Avatar

GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler! GreenKing knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    awesome write-up!!! thats awesome! and I know what you mean about taking the plenum off just to get to the plugs lol

QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Wow, very cool. Looks like a fun weekend!

I am a computer.

Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    *Drools* . . . I am currenty figguring out my finances to see why i can afford one of these!

Wait! Maple Ridge BC? . . . . I'm not too far away . . I HAVE to come see this thing and go for a ride!

LX Aficionado kingswingin's Avatar kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious!
    Wow... nice stuff and GREAT DIY! Thanks for sharing!

KSD

Check out my Cardomain...
    2005 Magnum RT-4128 180 t-stat, K&N 63 intake, NC-SXT grille, Mopar vinyl badges, skull & BT shifters, skull valve caps, crossbones tail cover, custom-painted engine bay w/skull graphics, VHT tinted tails, eyelids, Flowmaster 40's, no resonators, SuperChips, Audiobahn 10" subs, green AAC/Oznium interior LED's, AAC grille CCFLs, powdercoated RT wheels, painted calipers
    Future Mods
    black chrome pedals, more paint

bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious! bighurb is a Magnum Genious!
    love your whole engine bay
    R.I.P.

180 RWHP 201 trq Smokin05magnum's Avatar
    Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar! Smokin05magnum is a Magnum Superstar!
    Blog Entries
    I love this shot and congrats on making me jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Big Bully CIA, added Fogs, Lowered on Eibach Pro-kit, Eye lids, Color matched under hood items, 20X9 Boss wheels wrapped in Hancock 275/40 rubber, Wiper delete, Dual 7" head rest monitors, Lighted grill, under seat lighting , RED L.E.D. dome lights, Papa John "13" shift knob, De-badged
    Waiting to install Dual Exhaust

Supporting Vendor Xcbellx's Avatar Xcbellx is a Magnum All Star! Xcbellx is a Magnum All Star! Xcbellx is a Magnum All Star! Xcbellx is a Magnum All Star! Xcbellx is a Magnum All Star! Xcbellx is a Magnum All Star!
    I love how ridgid the mount is.. super sweetness. The only thing astheticaly I would like to see less silicone and more pipe going into the TB. All in all a frickin sweet looking system

I am a computer.

Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Chutsk10 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    With +- 320 HP at the wheels I don't care what the piping at the TB looks like! haha

TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to! TheWraith is the one everyone should be listening to!
    Quote: Originally Posted by SKULLBOY View Post
    When properly tuned, and with the Water/Meth injection running, I should be dyno-ing at around 320 to 340 RWHP!!!!!!
    uh-oh! RT killer!

Quote: Originally Posted by bighurb View Post
    love your whole engine bay
    love your avatars!
    Spartan Max Cam
    Stock Heads
    180 T'stat
    Ported Thottle Body
    SLP Pulley
    JBA Shorty Headers
    SLP Loudmouth
    Tuned by ExaTorq

QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! QuickSilver08 is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
    uh-oh! RT killer!
    Thats why Im keeping the SXT badging on mine....maybe one day

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    WOW!!! What is nice clean install!! I love the look of the engine bay!! the indirect lighting is the bomb!!! something I would like to try on mine........
    VERY NICE!!!!!!

2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS!

Blood Runs Orange! FRESH4849's Avatar FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star! FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star! FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star! FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star! FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star! FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star! FRESH4849 is a Magnum All Star!
    hey man do you have a link or anything to where this kit can be found and purchased? nicest looking kit ive seen so far!!! congratz!
    "...That the Tiger's roar may echo
    O'er the mountain height..."
    Clemson University C/O 2011

The Family Truckster bcmag84's Avatar bcmag84 is a Magnum Expert! bcmag84 is a Magnum Expert! bcmag84 is a Magnum Expert! bcmag84 is a Magnum Expert! bcmag84 is a Magnum Expert!
    great write up and awesome job on the install!

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast