How To: Install OEM Fog Lights

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!

How To: Install OEM Fog Lights

Here's what came included in the kit.

First you will need to disconntct the neg battery cable.

Next you will need to get to the cluster of wires on the side of the fuse box closest to the firewall, there are 3 clips to unsecure the fuse box from the bracket.

We will be working with the bundle with the grey clip.

Remove this red clip.

Next, with the wire included in the kit, you will need to insert it into this part of the clip. ***EDIT ~ Insert wire into the spot to the right of the area I marked, I accidently marked the wrong place, Ive since deleted the pic so I cant mark the area I actually used....Sorry for any confusion ***

Plug in wire harness and run bundle to openings where the fog lights belong. The passanger side will just dangle where it needs to be and I ran and wire tied the drivers side to part of the frame under the radiator.

Last edited by Chutsk10; 04-27-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Rename title.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Karlito is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Now attach your ground and plug in the fuses.

All that's left now is to install the lights. Im sure this can be done without removing the facia but my Dewalt is dead (literly) so I was screwing the old fashion way and I couldnt get the screw driver to fit in a couple spots. This was the first time I've taken off the facia, and with Magmania's How To: Remove the Front Fascia it was really easy...thanks Dave.

Now for a drive up to the stealership to have them activated (which cost me $20) and it's done! Only thing I am waiting on is the paint to dry on my bezels.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Don't forget to hook the battery back up!

Last edited by Karlito; 06-26-2008 at 10:58 AM.

But You Can Call Me Chris Cujofreak's Avatar Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar! Cujofreak is a Magnum Superstar!
    Excellent write up. Very helpful, good job.
    I'd bean you but I'm all beaned out for 24 hours.
    2009 Dodge Challenger SXT
    Mods:
    Engine: None
    Exterior: Chrome Gas Cap, Tinted Windows, Gold Hood Stripes, Classic "Challenger" Emblem, Sequential Tail Light Module, RPI Mud Flaps
    Interior: Pappa John Custom Shifter

Quote: Originally Posted by Cujofreak View Post
    Excellent write up. Very helpful, good job.
    I'd bean you but I'm all beaned out for 24 hours.
    Thanks Cujo! I searched everywhere for a thread on this and could'nt find one so I figured....what the he!!...I'll give it a shot.

JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to! JRob007 is the one everyone should be listening to!
    Beans to you my friend! Great write up and good job!!! Lookin very very good!
    Click banner for the Maryland Magnuts

Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Greg095 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Nice write up. I to am beaned out, or you would have some.

Wheels // Accessories // Body kits // Suspension // Electronics

Senior Member MAGNUMSE's Avatar MAGNUMSE is a Magnum Expert in Training! MAGNUMSE is a Magnum Expert in Training! MAGNUMSE is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    Just beaned you!!! Awesome write up and great pics. This will deff. help when i finally get off my a$$ and put mine in...........i have only had the kit for......uummmm........a year now. Just haven't had the time to pull the fascia off.

dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar! dformer is a Magnum Superstar!
    Nice write up.

Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    A1 write up!
    Very nice job on the install.
    I am planning on getting this kit but all I want is the foglights.
    It's cheaper to buy the kit than it is to buy the lights seperately... go figure.

Just out of curiousity, does that switch assembly come with the auto headlight position.
    I'm more interested in whether it has the printed "A" on the assembly.
    ~ In Loving Memory of Danny Cox (5.27.92 - 8.7.11) ~

Senior Member MAGNUMSE's Avatar MAGNUMSE is a Magnum Expert in Training! MAGNUMSE is a Magnum Expert in Training! MAGNUMSE is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    Quote: Originally Posted by Magmania View Post
    A1 write up!
    Very nice job on the install.
    I am planning on getting this kit but all I want is the foglights.
    It's cheaper to buy the kit than it is to buy the lights seperately... go figure.

Just out of curiousity, does that switch assembly come with the auto headlight position.
    I'm more interested in whether it has the printed "A" on the assembly.
    I have the same kit and mine doesnt have it, and looking through the parts catalog i dont see a kit with auto headlamps. I guess they think if you are buying the kit you have a base model and in turn wouldnt have auto-lamp.

PhatPhat is a Magnum Expert in Training! PhatPhat is a Magnum Expert in Training! PhatPhat is a Magnum Expert in Training! PhatPhat is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    great write up...

and no the switch does not come with auto headlight thingyy..just shave the little tab and your all good.

and quick question...for those of us who have fogs stock...do the bezels come off ? it doesnt feel like they do...

Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler! Magmania knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Quote: Originally Posted by MAGNUMSE View Post
    I guess they think if you are buying the kit you have a base model and in turn wouldnt have auto-lamp.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, that or they don't want to give someone the auto headlight switch.

Quote: Originally Posted by PhatPhat View Post
    great write up...

and no the switch does not come with auto headlight thingyy..just shave the little tab and your all good.
    Actually I think newer models and or the 300's came with the auto headlights from the factory. It might have been part of an options package maybe but it does exist.
    The switch assembly has an "A" in the auto postion on the switch.

I have already done the mod on mine.
    I was just hoping that when I buy the fog light kit that it might come with that option.
    ~ In Loving Memory of Danny Cox (5.27.92 - 8.7.11) ~

LX Aficionado kingswingin's Avatar kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious! kingswingin is a Magnum Genious!
    Nice job on the write-up man - quality stuff!

KSD

Check out my Cardomain...
    2005 Magnum RT-4128 180 t-stat, K&N 63 intake, NC-SXT grille, Mopar vinyl badges, skull & BT shifters, skull valve caps, crossbones tail cover, custom-painted engine bay w/skull graphics, VHT tinted tails, eyelids, Flowmaster 40's, no resonators, SuperChips, Audiobahn 10" subs, green AAC/Oznium interior LED's, AAC grille CCFLs, powdercoated RT wheels, painted calipers
    Future Mods
    black chrome pedals, more paint

Senior Member breeze's Avatar breeze is making a name for themself!
    Nice job. Beans to you. I was just looking at the same thing on e bay.
    Breeze

Quote: Originally Posted by PhatPhat View Post
    do the bezels come off ? it doesnt feel like they do...
    They come off, 2 clips have to be removed from the back of the facia and they just slide out.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast