Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

inside out tire mount, confirm that we can !

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  magmax 
#1 ·
there was an event here in Mexico where there was a Nitto tire representent

I ask him If I can mount mu Nt 420 inside side on the outside to get better tire wear

He told me what I was thinking that there is no problem with those Nitto

The mark inside and outside is only to make sure that when they mount the tire on the rim they will install them to look the same on the thread patern, that is the reason.

If you dont mind, you can even mount them one on the inside and the other on the outside, only the assymetric thread will look differant since those tire are not unidirectional.

Of course, you cannot do that with unidirectional tire but most of inside and outside tire you can do since the rotation do not make any differance.

Now I will be able to get more millage on those Nitto !

When I asked on this forum , noone suggest me to do that since it may be dangerous but nw it is cnfirm that there is no problem and they are design for that, to rotate on both side !

See less See more
#2 ·
Well that is GOOD to know; I have Nitto's on my SRT.... just in case!

#4 ·
Good thing about Mexico is also it cost me 200 pesos to rotate both tire on the rim, + Balance + nitrogen+ wash the car !
About 17$ US

In Montreal, It cost me 30$ per rim to mount tire and balance because it was 22 inch !

#6 ·
less than that in reality !

16.04US on today exhange rate !

Live rates at 2010.10.12 00:03:00 UTC 200.00 MXN=16.0422 USDMexico Pesos United States Dollars 1 MXN = 0.0802112 USD 1 USD = 12.4671 MXNXEred{color:#cc3d3d;}XEwhite{color:#fff;}

#8 ·
Drove them for about 400miles and they are not more noisy at all, exactly the same as before

Last test will be under the rain, it is not raining often here but I will post news about

I love those Nitto, O my 3000miles ride with the trailler last time, we whent into heavy rain often
and the car was tracking like on rail, No slipping at all on the car, the trailler was more sliding than the car at some point !

I am now at 20000 miles on them and I am not easy on them, the rubber in the fender will prove it !
With the flip I did, I guess I will do another 10000 miles more less

Front are new, only have 4000 miles on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.