need help on this one guys !!!!

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member envyus's Avatar envyus is making a name for themself! envyus is making a name for themself!

Question need help on this one guys !!!!

Hello fam hope everyone is doing good ..... I have an issue i just saw today well the last week i notice a clunk at times when i hit a pothole or something like that on the road and now today when i was washing my car I saw that the front driver side tire is balding on the outer part of the tire . Its not the air in the tire as I just check it last week but im not sure what it is so I looked at the other side and it seem that both the front tires are balding on the outer part of it this have me super stress now cause im not sure what it is or where to start to look .... I dont trust many tires shops around here cause its miami and alot of people are just out for your $$$$$ ... plz any input so i know where to start thanks guy for any input .....
    I Love my Magnum !!!!!

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member chefdave9er is an unknown quantity at this point
    I noticed the same thing on my mag and looked at the front end on a rack at my buddies shop one of my upper ball joints has a busted boot and the other side looked good no play in the wheels at all they suggested an alignment so I will be having that done asap and will he replacing the ball joints very soon I monitor my tpms on a daily basis so I know it's not air pressure causing this. I also notice when I back up with the wheels turned all the way to the right it feels like the tire is going over a bump or hitting a hole kind of like it's wobbling in a way never notice it going straight tho

Newbie windsurfingsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
    Better put on hoist or jack up to inspect the ball joints and tie rods. Put a small bar to load the upper ball joint to find any play, On the lower ball joint use a bar as well. Put your foot on the brakes while going over small bumps if the noise is gone the tension struts are probubly loose. These connect from the lower ball joint to the front of the car. In the old days this was called a strut rod.

FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious! FROST is a Magnum Genious!
    It could be any one of your suspension parts making noise and causing tire wear. Listen to that guy's advice ^^^.
    Just lower it.