3.5L to 5.7L HEMI swap

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Senior Member The_gunslinger's Avatar The_gunslinger is a Magnum Expert in Training! The_gunslinger is a Magnum Expert in Training! The_gunslinger is a Magnum Expert in Training!

3.5L to 5.7L HEMI swap

Hello all! This is my first post on here.
    I recently purchased an 07 SXT Magnum (I wanted one the moment I layed eyes on it). The price was right and the wife loved it. I went with it because I had seen good things about the 3.5L, but after playing with it a little, I'm not to thrilled with it. So, I was wondering if anyone has done a swap from the 3.5 to the 5.7L (or bigger). Are there any issues, concerns or maybe a kit for it?

Thanks in advance!

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious! Santi is a Magnum Genious!
    well if you are wanting to do this swap this is the guy you want to talk to View Profile: nyrican - Dodge Magnum Forum : Custom Dodge Magnum Forums.
    He's done this swap before i believe

keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI! Demon's Avatar

Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious!
    Think he has even done a 2.7 to 6.1 but I could be dreamin... but he has done a 6 to hemi swap.

Member gunracer's Avatar gunracer is a Magnum All Star! gunracer is a Magnum All Star! gunracer is a Magnum All Star! gunracer is a Magnum All Star! gunracer is a Magnum All Star! gunracer is a Magnum All Star! gunracer is a Magnum All Star!
    best time- 15.532@ 89.52

trufiber ram air hood, diablo sport intune w/ 91 oct. tune, ported and polished lower intake manifold, ported and polished throttle body, magnaflow muffler, blastin bobs 10 db exhaust system with the 4" tips, jet hot coated big bully cai, big bully catch can, jet hot coated jba stainless shorty headers, 160 stat, lowered ridin om 20's
    don't run, you'll only die tired

Member JamesOttawa's Avatar JamesOttawa is gettin' serious now! JamesOttawa is gettin' serious now!
    Love the avatar!! OK... I'm an old school geek too.
    Last Mod (2014/09): Petty's Garage Strut Tower Brace
    Of course I don't look busy... I did it right the first time!
    Vehicle: 2006 Magnesium R/T
    I'm a philanthropist... I just don't have any money!
    Hemi Registry: #1509 (2011/02)
    The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Quote: Originally Posted by theselphs View Post
    Hello all! This is my first post on here.
    I recently purchased an 07 SXT Magnum (I wanted one the moment I layed eyes on it). The price was right and the wife loved it. I went with it because I had seen good things about the 3.5L, but after playing with it a little, I'm not to thrilled with it. So, I was wondering if anyone has done a swap from the 3.5 to the 5.7L (or bigger). Are there any issues, concerns or maybe a kit for it?

Thanks in advance!

Aint gonna lie about it.......It's a lot of work and can get very expensive if you're not doing the work yourself. The good news is I believe you already have the W5A580 transmission (5 speed)

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious! Demon is a Magnum Genious!
    Can the 5spd be swapped into the SE?

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Quote: Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Can the 5spd be swapped into the SE?
    Sure can

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Senior Member The_gunslinger's Avatar The_gunslinger is a Magnum Expert in Training! The_gunslinger is a Magnum Expert in Training! The_gunslinger is a Magnum Expert in Training!
    Ok, I'll try this again. Aparently my first reply didn't stick.
    I like the kit that gunracer posted, but that is way more than i need. I'll be upgrading all of the other parts later. Is there any way that I can buy a charger/magnum/300 and just use it for a "kit"?
    I think I have the 4speed transmission. Does anyone know where i can look up a vin code?
    I plan on doing this all myself to keep costs down and keep familiar with the project.
    And yes jamesowatta us old school geeks have our own sense of humor.

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Vin number decoder.....

What is a VIN Number?

2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS!

"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO" supreme220's Avatar

supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar! supreme220 is a Magnum Superstar!
    This has been done I my self have done this a long with nyrican and ny installer. As far is the vin what do u want to know? Pm if u have any questions.
    Death Before Dishonor...

Quote: Originally Posted by Fireman2118 View Post
    Sure can
    Think that just might be a future upgrade... and when I splode the 2.7 at a million miles a hear a hemi callin my name lol.

Thanks for that link Radglenn.
    The main reason that I asked about the vin, is the parts store asked me about the engine code on the vin and I felt a bit silly not knowing.
    The thing that separates the men from the boys, is how much C4 they have in their toys!

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Nerves make you cautious, fear makes you stupid.

http://www.spacecitylx.com/

Some people just need a high five... In the face... With a chair.