P0420, P0430, and P2098 Mystery Solved.

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet gstr6800's Avatar
    gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar!

P0420, P0430, and P2098 Mystery Solved.

Well, it has been trial and tribulation on getting this engine CEL to finally be reset for the last time. Looking for the margin of readiness that will allow me to pass the annual emissions was becoming a burden. I am running Kooks longtube headers with high flow cats, so anyone considering the same, this thread may be of some big help to you.

I have tried a combination of a ton of items (simulators, defoulers, and spacers), but threw these codes no matter how I had them set up. This time, my fix worked. On the rear O2 sensors, I installed Vibrant Performance O2 spacers (part# VB11621 - pictured).

I installed the largest insert for breathability. This installed alone continuously threw the P0430 and P0420 (intermittent) codes. I installed a set of defoulers on the end of the spacer to raise the sensors further from the exhaust pipe, but threw the P2098 code. Once I took off the defouler extension, I tried the setup again, and went back to the P0430 code. I went out and bought some steel wool Brillo pads. I washed the soap out of the pad and dried it out. I tore a few pieces of the pad and stuffed it in each of the rear O2 spacers and reinstalled. The codes have not appeared since.

Bagged, 24s, 426ci, 2k HP Drivetrain and Axles, Blueprinted Stage2 Tranny, Ported/Chromed Intake, Chrome Bay Kit, Magnaflows, Kooks Headers, Lambos, and 152db Train Horn. Can you Hemi now? Good.

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Pretty common problem with long tubes. Glad you got yours figured out.

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge! Radglenn is the keeper of all Magnum knowledge!
    Cool!! Glad you got it figured out and Shared the fix!! Beans to ya!!!!

2008 R/T/R, 100hp ZEX system, LED tails, Stealth bulbs, DUAL color interior lights, lockpick, rear camera, Digital TV,
    PAPPAJOHN Shifter, Karl's Kustom Plate, BlastinBob 6db kit, BigBully CAI, 8000K DDM Lows and Fogs,
    3G ABS, RAD, Firewall Covers, NC-SXT Grill, Diablo, KILLERGLASS, Wheel well lights,
    AIRBRUSHED ENGINE COVER, Painted Calipers, 100HP NITROUS!

FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious! FloridaRT is a Magnum Genious!
    Instead of Brillo pads with soap, why not just buy steel wool from your local hardware store??

No soap in it, and comes in different sizes.

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 74 - Married 53 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar! gstr6800 is a Magnum Superstar!
    After a few stops at the local hardware stores, everyone was out. This is one issue I don't think I have to deal with anymore until I drop in my new engine in the near future.

Bagged, 24s, 426ci, 2k HP Drivetrain and Axles, Blueprinted Stage2 Tranny, Ported/Chromed Intake, Chrome Bay Kit, Magnaflows, Kooks Headers, Lambos, and 152db Train Horn. Can you Hemi now? Good.

Member LIKE A ROCKSTAR's Avatar LIKE A ROCKSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

did it continue to work for the long run ?

its 2014 did that fix continue to work ?

^^^ It continued to work until I upgraded to the 7.0L block. I got the same codes again. The immediate fix was to replace the rear O2 sensors with the OEM sensors. My builder retuned the engine after replacing them, but I have not seen the code snice. The sensors are on and operational because of emissions. The auto part places only offer generic sensors that did not seem to work well with the extra heat from the 7.0L. So if you have to kick out the extra money for them, do so if you are running long tubes. I am planning to blow it this summer and would like to see if that code reappears.