Throttle body spacer

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply to Thread

Member 05MAG_R/T is an unknown quantity at this point

Throttle body spacer

What is a good brand throttle body spacer for a 05 dodge magnum R/T 5.7L

2. CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member el guapo's Avatar el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar! el guapo is a Magnum Superstar!
    MOST people here will tell you to save you $$$ and not get one. I have an airaid TB spacer myself and love it. From my experience there is a definitely noticeable improvement in the low end and it definitely helps in my mpg. I have run a number of tanks with and without and my mpg is about 8-10% better with the TB spacer on. I'm not really in the upper RPM range very often so I can't comment on how it affect that but I will put my hat in the ring and say that I am a fan of mine. I have also noticed that my mds kicks in at a lower speed and stays on longer...most likely why I get the better mpg.

Now...not to step on any toes but I believe fireman will be chiming in here soon telling you to save your $$$. As he is pretty much the reigning king of magnums here I would NEVER suggest you not listen to him.

Honestly you'll be good with or without...it all depends on what you are looking to get out of it.
    I've got a mind that can steer me to your house,
    And a heart that can bring you red flowers.
    My intentions are good and earnest and true,
    But under my hood is internal combustion power.

Satan is my Motor - Cake

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” - Jack Handy

Member 05MAG_R/T is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks for the input im going to look at them and decide.

Member Lolamon's Avatar Lolamon is making a name for themself! Lolamon is making a name for themself!
    The only magic a throttle body spacer does is remove money from your wallet. The original use was for carbureted setups in drag racing to increase the velocity of air flow past the venturies for the air and fuel mixture. Otherwise they do nothing, zero nadda on a fuel injected system. This is a well known and proven fact. I just wanted to put that out there, what you want to spend your money on is your choice and if you enjoy it the n that's all that really matters...

Member Scorpionflame101's Avatar Scorpionflame101 is just warmin' up!
    Check out If you have a local aftermarket car shop and if they offer a return policy.

Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler! Fireman2118 knows more than the President of Chrysler!
    Some engines they work well on, others, not as good. On some there could be adverse effects. On throttle body injected or carbureted engines, spacers increase the overall manifold volume and create a tumbling of the air, allowing for better atomization of the fuel. Since the Hemis are multi port injected, and each cylinder has it's own injector, adding to the plenum volume and increasing the tumbling of the air prior to the addition of fuel, has little or no effect at all.

You can probably accomplish better performance by just keeping your fuel injectors clean!
    Last edited by Fireman2118; 02-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Senior Member cleary524's Avatar cleary524 is a Magnum All Star! cleary524 is a Magnum All Star! cleary524 is a Magnum All Star! cleary524 is a Magnum All Star! cleary524 is a Magnum All Star! cleary524 is a Magnum All Star! cleary524 is a Magnum All Star!
    I have one sitting in a box I'll sell you for $25 + shipping if you want it? I originally bought it for $75, used it for a week and then bought a CAI that it did not fit with. I'll take pictures if you want, just let me know.
    2005 Magnum RT AWD 344AWHP/358AWTRQ
    FRI Sidewinder Cam, Edelbrock Headers, JBA High Flow Cats, Magnaflow Catback, Tune by Johan, SLP 25% UDP, Jet 180* T-stat, aFe Stg II CAI, 85mm Throttle Body, Catch Can & Freak351 Silver Trans Box. Eibach Pro Line Springs, Billet Tech Interrior, Engine Kit, EGR Block & "M" Emblems, R/T Badges, Custom Magnum R/T Grille.
    Pictures & Vidoes

06CVR/T is making a name for themself! 06CVR/T is making a name for themself!
    I find it interesting that someone has noted better MPG with one. Maybe the specifics of that motor are just a bit different? Just like there are some factory freak motors that can't be denied.

Back when my motor was stock, I gained .5 MPG with a 180 thermostat on a repeatable trip I take frequently.
    Sluggo - 06MagnumR/T -Frankintake IV with Specter stack upgrade, 5.7 based square stroker, MM 85 MM TB, Worked Inertia 6.1 heads, SRT headers and cats, Solo cat back, Thermo & Cool It fan mods, Saudi Rad, Trans, flex plate and 4K TC by B B , P/S, and 2 oil coolers, Pedders Track II, Megan racing coil overs, NOESP, TranZformer, MPTCM, Zt-2 A/F, Trinity with EGT Module, 20" JacksNFives with Invos, Wilwood brake upgrades, Eibach sway bars, BWoody links, Chally 3.06 with Quaife and heavy shafts.