» Navigation Menu
» Site Rules
CustomMagnums.com is a website and forum for all to enjoy. Membership is open to everyone, and owning a Dodge Magnum is not required. Through your participation we hope this website continues to be a great place for people to gather, discuss these great cars and be entertained.
This is a ‘public’ forum, so obviously certain rules must be established to ensure this site remains a great place for Magnum enthusiasts to gather. These rules are outlined in more detail below, however most are simply common sense in nature – such as respect other members and do not engage in any illegal activity.
The Moderator and Administrator staff will enforce the site rules as necessary, which may include giving warnings, infractions or banning members from site use.
Infractions vary in level based on the severity of an offense and are given at the discretion of a Moderator or Administrator. Infractions may also be temporary (expire after a given time frame) or permanent. The member receiving the infraction will receive a PM explaining the offense/infraction and any time frames associated with the infraction.
Bans from the website are also administered at the discretion of the Moderator and Administrator staff. Members can be banned from the site for a single offense if it is warranted; therefore it is not necessary for a member to receive an infraction(s) prior to being banned.
- No personal attacks. If you don't agree with what someone posted, debate their post... not the person that posted it. Please respect that everyone has their own opinion and tastes regarding their cars style and modifications. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Pornography of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- This is a family site so please keep the use of profanity to a minimum. An opinion can always be expressed using appropriate language, and you never really know who may take offense so the best rule of thumb is to just avoid it.
- Expressions of aggression or hatred based on race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, and religion are strictly prohibited. Repeated harassment of other users is prohibited and will result in a ban from the site. Certain topics such as religion or politics almost always incite strong feelings for some so threads that refer to either may be closed at the discretion of the Moderator or Administrator staff.
- If you feel a post has been made that is against any of the rules , please use the "Report a Post" feature by clicking the icon located in the lower left corner of each post. This will alert the website staff to the issue.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- You agree to maintain a valid email address at all times. You agree to accept any and all emails sent to you with the intent of promoting vendor sales, advertisements, or any other forum news we may choose to send you.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- You agree that should you purchase an elevated membership of ANY KIND, or donate funds to the forum, that you are still bound by our forum rules. Should you violate the rules, and are banned as a result, you agree to forfieit any and all funds provided to us for said membership!
- No un-authorized advertisements. Members that engage in spamming by advertising without permission from a site Moderator or Administrator will be banned from the site. This includes posting advertisements in the forums or by displaying a website in your profile, signature, avatar or screenname. Commercial Advertising is NOT allowed! - Unless you are a Supporting Vendor, or Site Sponsor! It is always better to inquire first, than try to advertise first. If you would like to advertise on the site, please send an email to email@example.com to request further information about becoming a supporting vendor.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests without being a "Supporting Vendor" , if you have an idea and would like to set up a giveaway/contest, contact an Admin or Moderator if you are not a supporting vendor.
- Group Buys can only be organized through a Supporting Vendor of the site, and the group buy thread will be managed in that vendors sub-forum. Individual members cannot organize group buys with "unknown" vendors. Supporting Vendors can solicite the help of a forum member(s) to help organize the group buy. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information about becoming a supporting vendor. CustomMagnums.com is not responsible for any group buy or site members participation in a group buy.
- www.CustomMagnums.com is a "Club", and we expect others to respect that. We are not here, to serve as an advertisement board for your non affiliated club. Keep this to a minimum.
- Members may not solicit users for any purpose external to the forum such as groups or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Spamming members in any manner for your website or business, or spreading religious or political propaganda via private messaging will result in a ban from the site.
- Spamming, and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- Posting the private personal information of another member is prohibited. Any member engaged in posting the private information of another member will be banned from the site. This includes attempting to use another person's account without their explicit permission.
- Please make every reasonable effort to resolve your problems with a site sponsor, advertiser or supporting vendor prior to posting your discontent in the forums. Only when you have made every reasonable attempt to resolve the issue privately should you post about the matter on our forums in a respectful way.
- Cross-website/forum wars or bashing will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another website or forum, please bring the matter up with the administrators of the other site.
- If you feel a post has been made that is against any of the rules set above, please use the "Report a Post" feature by clicking the icon located in the lower left corner of each post. This will alert the website staff to the issue.
- When creating new threads please attempt to do so in the appropriate forum. Please don't be upset if your thread is moved to a more appropriate forum when necessary. The “Tech Articles” section is reserved for threads explaining in detail (including detailed photo’s when necessary) a specific modification or procedure. All tech articles are reviewed by the Moderator and Administrator staff for accuracy and completeness. If you would like to submit a tech article for consideration please create the thread in the “Submit Articles Here” forum.
- Any post or thread on CustomMagnums.com is considered as available on public domain and should be treated as such. No post or thread by any member or vendor will be considered representative of CustomMagnums.com or it's staff. Postng in the forums is done at your own risk. All posts, attachments, and threads on CustomMagnums.com are considered the property of CustomMagnums.com.
- While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- Forum Administrators reserve the rights to modify or change the above rules at any time without prior notification.
EXAMPLE: If a post is made with product details, and or images, and contact information to the vendor, and the post is primarily made up of this information ONLY. This would be considered advertising, and be deleted with the user receiving one warning. Next offense is a perm(life) IP ban from the entire network without warning.
- Spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind will not be tolerated on this site. This includes company names within user names and links to commercial sites within your profile or signature. We reserves the right to delete any post that is deemed in violation of the commercial posting rules.
- Selling of individual items is permissible by private parties in the For Sale forum only. However, selling multiple quantities of the same product is considered a commercial endeavor, and these types of posts will be removed at the discretion of the Staff.
- Messages promoting a commercial entity that is not a site sponsor may be deleted at any time at the discretion of the Staff. Occasional posts helping a fellow member to find a commercial vendor that has what he/she needs may be allowed, but we encourage you to check with our sponsors for pricing as well.
- If these posts are viewed by the Staff to be commercial promotion (by a vendor, affiliated party, or un-affiliated party) they may be deleted. This decision is based on many criteria and may differ based on the actual staff member that makes the judgment call. Users are encouraged to report posts that are in violation of these policies.
- Members are not permitted to sell, advertise, promote, run group buys, or anything else on behalf of a non Supporting Vendor. Example: You want to post a group buy of some item just to help out our members and you are not making any profit on it so blah blah blah. . . Someone is making a profit! Whoever that "someone" is, will have to be a Supporting Vendor here. No exceptions!