How To: Replace the Oil Pressure Sensor (5.7L V8)

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Member TXHEMI's Avatar Array
    Oil shouldn't be getting to the electrical connection right? No matter how well its cleaned, if that happens means my sensor is shot and the P520 will appear again??
    Maybe there an issue w/ my oil pressure that it's blowing out the seal in the switch. 3 rd sensor in 6 months....
    Hidden Content

Texas Hemi - 2005 R/T
    DiabloSport Intune, Airaid CAI & TBS, Flowmasters w/ X pipe, debadged except HEMI / RAM logos, 18 in fumagalli wheels, Kicker sub/amp.. crazy dreams for NEW MOTOR

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member F-5.7's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by TXHEMI View Post
    Oil shouldn't be getting to the electrical connection right? No matter how well its cleaned, if that happens means my sensor is shot and the P520 will appear again??
    Maybe there an issue w/ my oil pressure that it's blowing out the seal in the switch. 3 rd sensor in 6 months....
    I replaced mine twice in two weeks. I had residual oil in the plug from the first sensor leaking and didnt realize it until it was too late. I took the air hose to it for about ten minutes to make sure all the oil was out, then chaged sensors. so far so good...
    Hidden Content
    K&N CAI, SRT-8 Cat Back Exhaust, DiabloSport inTune (Diablo Tune 93 oct.)

How To: Replace the Oil Pressure Sensor (5.7L V8)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341338175.157893.jpg

My rockauto replacement (top) looks closer to the orig one that I first pulled (bottom). The center one is OE MOPAR from the stealership. Center hole size seems to differ??

Cleaning now... Wish me luck. As always best forum on the net!!
    Hidden Content

Texas Hemi - 2005 R/T
    DiabloSport Intune, Airaid CAI & TBS, Flowmasters w/ X pipe, debadged except HEMI / RAM logos, 18 in fumagalli wheels, Kicker sub/amp.. crazy dreams for NEW MOTOR

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Works fine now. Hail !!
    Hidden Content

Texas Hemi - 2005 R/T

Member Array
    I realize that I'm resurecting this thread after almost a year, but I wanted to extend a big thank you to the OP for taking the time to document this process as well as everyone else that has contributed. It was invaluable and made my life a lot easier today. My P0520 code and check engine light are now gone I'm just hoping that it stays gone. Fingers crossed!

Newbie Wallew's Avatar Array
    Had my mechanic change mine when he did the brake upgrade. Since I retired, my wife allows me to take it to a great independent mechanic. I used to do ALL our car repairs. But I'm really, really TIRED of laying on the concrete to get to things. And my indy mechanic does great work for a fair price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123