How To: Replace the Tension Struts

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Senior Member shane93nc's Avatar Array
    As mentioned good write up. Whats the part numbers I need from Rockauto? I looked on there wedsite and can't find tension struts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Newbie Justin's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by shane93nc View Post
    As mentioned good write up. Whats the part numbers I need from Rockauto? I looked on there wedsite and can't find tension struts.
    If u look under control arms, they will be there. The part #'s I received this week was MS25120 & MS25121 Mevotech, There are cheaper ones like Dorman. Hope this helps

Array
    Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey
    awesome write up! just had the mag in to get wheels balanced and they showed me that these were going bad and they needed replaced. i told them i could probbaly do them myself and they qouted me $486.98 to do it!!! f that mess! just looked at the recommendation sheet, same part numbers but they said the parts are 169.99 a piece!! must be nice to be a crook! im so glad we have this community to help each other out and save time, money, and aggravation! thanks again custommagnums!!!
    2006 R/T Brilliant Black...Rumblebee Scoop,Matte Black Roush Style Hood Stripes,22x9 & 22x10 STR 607 Mirrored Finish Wheels,K&N CAI,SRT8 Charger Rear Diffuser,Mopar Mud Flaps,Oracle Halos,Danko Full Lip Spoiler,X-Type Eyelids,Red 3 Ball Shifter,300 Wing,Wood Flooring Kit,JBA Shorty Headers,Dual Flowmaster Super 40's,Diablo Predator,BT Oil Catch Can,180 T-Stat,BWoody Endlinks,Eibach Pro-Kit Springs/Dampers/Sways,Petty Strut Brace,3G Engine Bay Covers,Red,SRT8 Seats,WingWest VIP Spoiler,

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Quote: Originally Posted by lvmagnumrt View Post
    awesome write up! just had the mag in to get wheels balanced and they showed me that these were going bad and they needed replaced. i told them i could probbaly do them myself and they qouted me $486.98 to do it!!! f that mess! just looked at the recommendation sheet, same part numbers but they said the parts are 169.99 a piece!! must be nice to be a crook! im so glad we have this community to help each other out and save time, money, and aggravation! thanks again custommagnums!!!
    Same here, stealership quoted me the same, after I told him forget that I'll do it myself, he tried to tell me only we have the right tools to do. So wut did I do.... I brought in my pad and showed him the picks on this thread, he had nothin to say lol...

Senior Member shane93nc's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    If u look under control arms, they will be there. The part #'s I received this week was MS25120 & MS25121 Mevotech, There are cheaper ones like Dorman. Hope this helps
    Yup that helps and thanks! Beans your way Bro.

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I told him forget that I'll do it myself, he tried to tell me only we have the right tools to do.
    They must be usin Jesus' socket set and hammer. LOL.
    Just slam it.

Quote: Originally Posted by FROSTBIT View Post
    They must be usin Jesus' socket set and hammer. LOL.
    Lmao.... I know right!!!

Member Scorpionflame101's Avatar Array
    Beans

I just want to thank everyone for their detailed write-ups and pictures. I had that horrible clunk so I started out with changing the tension struts. (this is the first time I have ever done a car repair of my own) so once I did the tension struts I thought heck lets see wut else I can do. So I changed the sway bar endlink,bushing,inner and outer tierods. And I have to say its like driving a new car. No longer do I have any noise and after I had an alignment it feels like Im gliding on the road, Its incrediable!!!! again I cant thank CM enough for saving me alot of money, and giving me the confidence to do more things to my car without having to take it to the stealership.

Member HHOMag's Avatar Array
    Thanks for all the great info, I just ordered upper and lower control arms(like they are grease-able), figured if I have her opened up, may as well get er done. That way I can be rid of the clunking noise. Besides I'm doing both cats, coolant bleeder, thermostat, and seals on the right side of the rack and pinion.

Good thing I took Friday off, another fun weekend!!!

Senior Member el guapo's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by HHOMag View Post
    Thanks for all the great info, I just ordered upper and lower control arms(like they are grease-able), figured if I have her opened up, may as well get er done. That way I can be rid of the clunking noise. Besides I'm doing both cats, coolant bleeder, thermostat, and seals on the right side of the rack and pinion.

Good thing I took Friday off, another fun weekend!!!
    I would be very interested in hearing about how the rack seal repair goes for you. I think I'm in the same boat there but haven't found any info on just what is involved.
    I've got a mind that can steer me to your house,
    And a heart that can bring you red flowers.
    My intentions are good and earnest and true,
    But under my hood is internal combustion power.

Satan is my Motor - Cake

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” - Jack Handy

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. - Dark Helmet

Member Array
    Looks like I'll be jacking my car up soon

Member TXHEMI's Avatar Array
    Just completed this & LBJ today. Thank you for the write up, such a big help.
    Hidden Content

Texas Hemi - 2005 R/T
    DiabloSport Intune, Airaid CAI & TBS, Flowmasters w/ X pipe, debadged except HEMI / RAM logos, 18 in fumagalli wheels, Kicker sub/amp.. crazy dreams for NEW MOTOR

Member CCRider24's Avatar Array
    Thanks for the info, that and pictures and video was an awesome undertaking,really do appreciate the effort involved. hope you can get vibration issues worked out.

Member Steela's Avatar Array
    this is a super write up. I saved to my phone.

I just noticed however after checking my invoices, my mechanic installed the same one on my right front last year that I bought on Rockauto for $50 and charged me $59 to install and $79 for alignment.
    for that price I'll stick with him doing it on my left.

My issue is upper ball joint on the right. I am getting the bed spring creaking sound at slow speeds and stop and go. That looks like a real tough job to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234