How To: 5.7L Long Tube Header Installation

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array
    Great clips !! Man your car sure sounds like it shifts crisper than mine. On the second clip it damn near sounds like a manual transmission....... almost.

Hate the way mine shifts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member Hemissary's Avatar Array
    Even with the limitations of the recording equipment I used (credit card digital camera) for this video, it "sorta" tells the story on just how loud the combination of Corsa and Kooks really is...at least on my vehicle:

[ame="http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Moebius44/?action=view&current=Underground.flv"][/ame]

I had no idea after putting headers/hi-flow CAT's it would be that loud. Seriously...it's really too loud now @ WOT, I did not expect this based on what I have read here on the forums.

By too loud I mean dB-wise, the actual exhaust note at ALL throttle positons is beautiful. The general consensus was/is that the Corsa exhaust has a much more refined exhaust note than any other offerings, but not loud-loud!

With a set of LT's/hi-flows...it is deafening when negotiating an underpass at 5000 plus...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 10-02-2008 at 06:52 PM.
    Hidden Content HEMISSARY ----simon----

Array
    Have you had any CEL issues with the high flow cats and do you still find too loud ? I'm shopping for a full exhaust system but don't want it much louder than stock.

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

One code this summer shortly after install, none since. In my case I have an 05' RT, and have not employed any O2 spacers.

Here is what I ended up doing the other day, hope it helps:

Modifying the SRT8 OEM Exhaust System - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

Although the Corsa 's sound quality and frequency are "very" pleasing, I am just as happy with what I am hearing (very different) now with the OEM SRT8 system. It is just not as loud at WOT.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hemispherical View Post
    Have you had any CEL issues with the high flow cats and do you still find too loud ? I'm shopping for a full exhaust system but don't want it much louder than stock.

Thanks

Senior Member TheBossHEMI's Avatar Array
    That's funny, just did this exact setup on a buddies SRT. We didn't even bother with the rear 02's, turned them off with the Diablo.
    '03 Ram HEMI RC/SB: OBX LT headers, FM 50HD dumped, Superchips 3715, 3rdstrike CAI, shortie plug wires, #10 tranny wire mod, full rear LED spread, tint, HID 8000k headlights, 2" drop shackles

'07 MSRT-8: NO options silver sleeper, reso's eliminated, matching tint on front windows

'08 MR/T: AWD, every option but rear DVD

HemiTruckClub.com: Kansas Chapter President

KC MOPARS: Club President

loven the super charged life jayalbertcars's Avatar

Array
    hello very nice i want headers

DODGE MAGNUM "THE POSSIBLITIES ARE ENDLESS "

Array
    WOW, I'm impressed! Great Job and a Great write up. And OH, cannot forget... love the pictures and all the videos! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta admit though, like the sounds of this exhaust system better! LOL
    [ame=http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/?action=view&current=DSCF0676.flv]DSCF0676.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/ame]

Last edited by NOTPAID4; 11-12-2008 at 05:15 AM.
    Hidden Content

MyHidden Content Cars:Hidden Content
    2006 Magnum SRT8 "SHADOW"
    2005 Red Magnum R/T "LUCKY"
    2005 Blue Magnum R/T "BLUE"
    2006 Chrysler 300SRT "CHEETA"
    Plus have SEVERAL OTHER RIDES
    "Old Geezers LOVE cars Too!!!

Hemi Registry #864 2/15/08
    Jim

Array
    That is fricken hilarious !!! ^^^^

Thanks for sharing. I want one.

Senior Member Array
    WOW.. somehow i missed this back in the [email protected]

Nice exhaust sound... [email protected]

grin...now THAT's hot!

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by NOTPAID4MSRT8 View Post
    WOW, I'm impressed! Great Job and a Great write up. And OH, cannot forget... love the pictures and all the videos! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta admit though, like the sounds of this exhaust system better! LOL
    DSCF0676.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    What's it called and where did you find it ?? Too funny.

Thanks.

Senior Member bornagainultimatum's Avatar Array

Man!!! That is so purdy...I just teared up a little.
    JESUS CHRIST is my President!

Hidden Content

Array
    Very nice looking! Good work! I love it when people take the time to do things right!

I am considering doing the exhaust on my SRT8, but I really know nothing about exhaust. I'm wondering if it would be a good move to just remove the resonators, and cut off that flange you were talking about to open up the exit port? Opinions?

Well, I strongly suggest reading all you can about cutting/chopping/modding, a lot of folks have found out the hard way that those 1st/2nd harmonics at 50-60mph can make it VERY unpleasant to drive.

Another word to wise; sound levels (as in dB), and exhaust note (as in multiple frequencies) is very subjective. Some will yell up and down there is zero problem removing the resonators...or the suitcase muffler...for them.

My suggestion is to think carefully about how and where you use the vehicle, your neihbors, your dates/wife/kids/etc, and decide whether you want loud noise, or refined noise, or...well you get the drift.

Suffice to say the general opinion is that the drone present on both the 5.7 and 6.1 engines will make it's presence known as soon as you start adding other aftermarket components to the OEM system. The OEM system was carefully engineered (alot of money was spent by the contractor) to tune out those 1st/2nd harmonics.

I can say with experience that the Corsa system addresses those same harmonics. The other offerings have not, therefore the drone is present to varying degrees. Listen to those (aftermarket) systems you can actually stand next to or ride in..riding in probably thee most important thing to do...especially at highway speeds. If you can not get above 50mph, then slowly (throttle barely cracked) go through 1st/2nd . If the drone is present you will hear it...and then decide whether you can live with it.

That drone can be music to one person's ears, and very destructive to others...it is subjective and therefore there will be no consensus.

Quote: Originally Posted by onelook View Post
    Very nice looking! Good work! I love it when people take the time to do things right!

I am considering doing the exhaust on my SRT8, but I really know nothing about exhaust. I'm wondering if it would be a good move to just remove the resonators, and cut off that flange you were talking about to open up the exit port? Opinions?

Array
    ^^^^^^ Nice post Hemissary. So you are saying the Corsa exhaust has no drone ??

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast