How To: 5.7L Long Tube Header Installation

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Member Hemissary's Avatar Array
    No drone; they took the time to address the issue. I'm not trying to blow their horn, as I have just(!) sold aforementioned system in favor of a modified OEM SRT8 system. The Corsa system is comparable to the 5.7/6.1 OEM exhaust systems regarding 1st/2nd harmonic attenuation.

I'm thoroughly DISGUSTED at the price they sell for, but it is a seller's market in this case.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hemispherical View Post
    ^^^^^^ Nice post Hemissary. So you are saying the Corsa exhaust has no drone ??

Thanks
    Last edited by Hemissary; 07-26-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Hidden Content HEMISSARY ----simon----

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Array
    I am interested in a mild sound when idling / easy driving, much like the stock srt8 system sounds. But I would like a louder, more aggressive sound whe I really lay into the throttle. I want to scare people when I punch it, but not wake people up when I simply start the car in the morning. I would be one of those people that doesn't like the drone noise, but since I'm on the freeway SOO infrequently, it might be acceptable? I really just don't know.

Then the SRT8 version of the Corsa system, in my opinion, would be appropriate.

To reinterate why I sold mine, after installing Kooks LT's and Hi-flow catalytic converters, the system became significantly louder (db level) at all throttle positions and engine loads. For me it harkened back to when I was 18 with Thrush straight-through's right off the header flange. Sounded great(!), but shook the ground @ WOT. I like to think I have matured a bit since 1978 and have respect for those around me.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-14-2008 at 02:16 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Array
    that sounds f'ing spectacular

Member firstalert's Avatar Array
    I want those!
    Big Bully intake | Blastin Bob's 9db | 35% tint | 6k lows | R1 Concepts Slotted rotors | Eibach springs frt.| 22" 3-piece Intro's (22x9.5/22x10.5)

Array
    Man that looks good

SilverMagR/T Array
    I have a setup coming but the Mids and cats I purchased there is no collectors. How would I put collectors on and where would I get them.
    Mopar Or Bust

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by SilvermagRT View Post
    I have a setup coming but the Mids and cats I purchased there is no collectors. How would I put collectors on and where would I get them.
    Exhaust/muffler shop

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    Prothane & Whiteline bushing kit - BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Quote: Originally Posted by SilvermagRT View Post
    That depends on the manufacturer; they probably offer something so check. THis then makes it easier for an exhaust shop to mount / weld. You definitely do not want a welded system front-to-back...

SilverMagR/T Array
    So as of now it seems the end of the cats that mount to the header flange is straight. I could slip a collector on there and then have them flare it out correct?? And how loud will it be if I eliminate the single suitcase muffler. Has anyone got a sound clip.
    Mopar Or Bust

Member Scorpionflame101's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by clarka802 View Post
    the toughest thing to me would be getting the front tires on the ramps backwards???

that looks awesome though, good work. I would love to hear it

My favorite animal is a Ribeye -Fran Lebowitz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123