SXT6's mods journal

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Member 2wheel's Avatar Array
    I installed the Mopar 4-way trailer wiring kit last weekend.

Finally got the Big Bully intake I wanted.

Sorry for the dirty engine pictures. Raining last night and with my intake broke I wanted it in right away.

I had a lot of fun removing and inserting the air temp sensor. Ended up putting a socket over it to push it out and a chunk of cardboard over the connecter to get it into the new intake. Waiting on a tank to be used up before I go from the stock tune back to the Diablo tune.
    Last edited by 2wheel; 05-06-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    08 SXT 3.5L RWD
    Mods: Pin striping, Air silencer removal, XE Ryder's Chilly air intake mod, DiabloSport InTune, Mopar hidden hitch, BC Racing coilovers with rear Air Lift Air Spring kit, SPC upper front A-arms, winter grill block, Big Bully intake & catch can
    Hidden Content
    Future plans: R/T front brakes
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Back to the 93 oct tune. Very nice with the Big Bully. I feel like there is a difference, especially kicking it in while passing another car. Whoot!
    08 SXT 3.5L RWD
    Mods: Pin striping, Air silencer removal, XE Ryder's Chilly air intake mod, DiabloSport InTune, Mopar hidden hitch, BC Racing coilovers with rear Air Lift Air Spring kit, SPC upper front A-arms, winter grill block, Big Bully intake & catch can
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Got the catch can from BigBully last week. Over the weekend I installed it with my Dad. It is simple enough but always good to involve him in little projects. Looks great and I will see what it catches in a few months.

One more project to go: R/T brakes.
    08 SXT 3.5L RWD
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Here is a photo of the BigBully catch can installed: It is definitely doing it's job. It's top section is filled with metal mesh and the bottom catches the oil.
    08 SXT 3.5L RWD
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

So when I got this Magnum I had to repair the recirculate door. I had to tear into the dash again today.

The last couple of days, with the 10 degree temps, the windshield was fogging up. Needed to have the defrost blasting. That is what happens when outside air is not brought in. Too much moisture. I removed the glove box to have a look at the flapper. Turned the key so the door should flip back and pull outside air. No movement. So I pulled the blower motor and reached up and felt the door. No resistance to moving between the positions. Great. My fix. I put the door down so you could see it from the glove box opening. This is the outside air position. I drilled a small hole through the hex opening into the door and put a small drywall screw into the door. It is now permanently in outside air. Being in Michigan it is rare that I use the recirculate air setting. Not a big deal.

If you want to repair this take a look at the link below. This gives details on how to diagnose/fix/replace the flapper door. Good luck.
    A/C recirculation
    08 SXT 3.5L RWD
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I had to let it go in November 2018. Repair costs added up over the value of the car. Needed body work (rust), rear diff seals, the inside/outside vent flapper fix broke again, and vent temp control backlights went out. I switched to a Subaru Outback wagon. I got one with Eyesight and loving adaptive cruise control and lower fuel costs. I most likely have to do something to the rear to handle my camping load... I'm missing the power the Magnum had. 😞

Good luck all with your Magnums.
    08 SXT 3.5L RWD
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12