Dash removal

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Dash removal

Member EBERWEIN's Avatar Array

Dash removal

Disassembled my dash to figure out what was wrong with HVAC, turns out that the left side bend door was not opening. Replaced the bend door motor on the drivers side and now my A/C works great. When I was dissembling the dash I figured out this was not the first time this dash has been removed. When I bought my Magnum the parking brake pull never went all the way in after being pulled, turns out the cable housing was not installed in the cable housing hole but now it works prefect. The dash its self is just full of cracks from whom ever removed it the first time. I ended up using super glue and duct tape to repair, can't see any of the repair. I found an alarm system that was not operational so I removed it. I believe this is what the little red button the top of the driver side kick panel was for so I removed it. Oh yah the old bend door motor had missing teeth on one of the gears!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dash removal-20150908_203752083_ios.jpg  
    It's just nuts & bolts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Newbie Array
    How long did that take you to do?

Array
    Your'e a braver man than me
    Flowmaster American Thunder Exhauast, Universal Air Bags and Viair compressors, Hood Scoop, DeBadged,
    22" /265/35 Wheels and Tires, Painted-Eyelids, Tinted LED TailLights, Big Bully Catch Can, Strut Brace, DiabloSport Predator, 3G Goodies, Flameball Shift knob, Danko Reproduction Grill & Spoiler, Custom Made Splitter Plate, Prime Designs Hydrographics, Oracle Red Halo's. From Pennsylvania? Check out Pa. Modern Mopar Group on Facebook

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member EBERWEIN's Avatar Array
    It took around 6hrs to remove because of two hidden screws. It took about 15 minutes to figure out the driver side actuator motor was not working. Waited about three or four days to put it back together because of my bad shoulder and it took 4hrs to put it all back together. It was just like playing golf, you get all upset and bent but you had a good time and the outcome was pleasing.
    It's just nuts & bolts!

Member QbanCgar's Avatar Array
    while you hade it apart, you should've swapped out the stock dash bulbs for some LED ones behind the dash for a brighter look. I eventually would like to do that, but I will DEFINITELY wait 'til it get warmer out to try & tackle that beast. I'll have to see if they are any vids on YouTube that shows you how to do this as well as how to switch to LED bulbs.

Array
    That is why I paid to have my dash removed to repair my A/C .........................

I am too old to be working that hard.

LOL

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, Age 76 - Married 55 years, 05' Magnum RT. Superchips tuner, No-ESP mod, Magnaflow Mufflers, 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grill, front spoiler, rear diffuser, installed 9011 & 9012 headlight bulbs.

Member magnum22"'s Avatar Array
    Saved a ton of money i bet, wow, just wow....

Member QbanCgar's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by magnum22" View Post
    Saved a ton of money i bet, wow, just wow....

thank god for YouTube videos. if it's something I can tackle, then i'll look up to see if there is a vid & try my novice skill. but if it proves to be to tough, then that's a job for my mechanic.

Newbie Array
    Whats the process to remove the the dash
    Steps and price