Replacing\upgrading front seat covers

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Senior Member el guapo's Avatar Array

Replacing\upgrading front seat covers

Good morning family.

I noticed yesterday that the leather seat cover on the drivers seat is starting to show its age. There are some minor wear spots and a few cracks forming.

I was thinking of replacing just the seat covers (still looking for options) but thought this might be a good time to upgrade a little.

What I would prefer would be to replace with something that looks like OEM and matches the stock interior but with additional bolstering, more akin to the SRT seats, but still looking like they would have originally come in my RT.

I do NOT want to replace the whole seat though. I'm happy with just the covers and foams. This is not going to be an urgent project so I have the time I need to figure out just what I want.

Has anyone else here done something like this? if so, where did you get your parts/supplies? Did you do the recovering yourself? Difficulty rating?

Thanks.

Richard
    I've got a mind that can steer me to your house,
    And a heart that can bring you red flowers.
    My intentions are good and earnest and true,
    But under my hood is internal combustion power.

Satan is my Motor - Cake

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” - Jack Handy

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. - Dark Helmet

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member Array
    I would go with leatherseats.com you can customize the leather color, and stitching. I'm not sure if they do logos in them or not but it would be cool to get some done up with the R/T logo on them.

Video Game Modder drag_racer's Avatar Array
    I know you don't want to change out the seats, but if you can find a good deal on some Road & Track seats they have a ton of bolster (visually it seems as though more than even a Hellcat? Mine came out of a 2010 Charger). I paid $1200 shipped for a front and rear set. The rear seats use the same foams as far as bolster, so you would only need the seat covers if you changed the rears too (if the seats come out of anything other than a Magnum you need to use the Magnum foam and frame anyways for the rears). Charger fronts bolted right in.

The other advantage aside for the bolster, is these seats are WAY more comfy. I'm lowered on coilovers, and with the stock seats it was a considerable rougher/stiffer ride than factory (not worse, just different). With these seats, it's way smoother and almost feels better than it did when it was on stock suspension. They are so good that I'm going to be looking for a set for my daily driver even though it'll never see a road course.
    Hidden Content
    2008 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
    2008 Dodge Magnum SXT - Project car

Performance: Edge 3000 Stall, Trinity, SLP LM2, Custom Dual CAI, BCRacing Coilovers, R1 Concepts Brakes, HemiTuner TCM, Tranzformer, Paramount Stage 2 Valve Body
    Visual: LED Tails, 20"x8.5" American Racing Rims, SRT Front Fascia

Best ET:
    60' - 1.980
    1/8 Mile - 8.95
    1/4 Mile - 13.97 @ 99.7MPH

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Newbie Array
    What seat cover did you end up getting?

Senior Member el guapo's Avatar Array
    I still actually haven't done anything with them. Have twins off to first year university and have had to significantly curb any upgrade and\or mod plans. lol
    I've got a mind that can steer me to your house,
    And a heart that can bring you red flowers.
    My intentions are good and earnest and true,
    But under my hood is internal combustion power.

Satan is my Motor - Cake

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” - Jack Handy

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. - Dark Helmet

Newbie Array
    I understand you well, the question of replacing seat covers also arose with me. I want to replace the seat covers in my Tacoma. I was looking a lot for information on the Internet about the best seat covers for this pickup, I found an article https://truckpowerup.com/best-seat-covers-for-tacoma/ with reviews of different covers. I chose one that is easy to clean. I know that I'm often off-road and I often get dirty seats. Therefore, it seems to me important that the seats were easy to clean. But I didn't find information on how easy it's to replace seat covers. As I understand it, I need to completely disassemble everything inside to remove the seats.