Another new guy.

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Newbie Array

Another new guy.

Howdy from NW rural AZ.
    Bought a 2005 with 2.7L, 150k miles, in Dec 2018 for my son that rolled their Nissan. He'd been working 12 hour shifts, dozed off on his way home from work.
    I'd normally let him learn the lesson but he was working hard with a baby on the way.
    Anyhow, after acquiring the car it quickly revealed drivability issues.
    Replaced throttle body and pedal. Tried DIY computer resets. Would be ok for a day or two. So took it to the dealer.
    Dealer replaced crank then cam position sensors. Nope. Dug deeper (into my pockets) to reveal the cam timing had jumped (valves are ok).
    Replaced chains, sprockets, & water pump. SUCCESS!
    Sort of.
    Took it back before getting home. Engine died at every stop. Computer glitch keeping torque converter locked up.
    One last return to shop for intake manifold leak (their fault).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Newbie Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    Howdy from NW rural AZ.
    Bought a 2005 with 2.7L, 150k miles, in Dec 2018 for my son that rolled their Nissan. He'd been working 12 hour shifts, dozed off on his way home from work.
    I'd normally let him learn the lesson but he was working hard with a baby on the way.
    Anyhow, after acquiring the car it quickly revealed drivability issues.
    Replaced throttle body and pedal. Tried DIY computer resets. Would be ok for a day or two. So took it to the dealer.
    Dealer replaced crank then cam position sensors. Nope. Dug deeper (into my pockets) to reveal the cam timing had jumped (valves are ok).
    Replaced chains, sprockets, & water pump. SUCCESS!
    Sort of.
    Took it back before getting home. Engine died at every stop. Computer glitch keeping torque converter locked up.
    One last return to shop for intake manifold leak (their fault).

So we bought it early Dec. Got it back and been driving it since March.
    Running great now with no issues so far.
    Son is getting his own car so we now have another car.
    I've always liked the look of the Magnum. I wish it had the V8.
    Mechanically sound now. A few minor things. Rocker panels missing. A couple loose/missing AC vents. No spare tire. And a horrible aftermarket stereo.
    Though functioning properly, the sealed transmission bothers me, lol.
    A different son that's living with us is driving it, until he finds a job. (Yes he's looking)