Hi I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Newbie Array

Hi I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT

I bought it new. It just turned over 200,000 miles. Now it won't idle shuts down after 3s. I was able to keep it running by pushing the gas pedal, when it went to quit. After 5 mins it would idle after it warmed up. But also if u punch it to pass someone the computer shuts down and beeps. It doesn't die and it comes back and your able to drive. Also sometimes I can't put gas in the gas tank. Its like something is blocking the gas from going in. I move to a different gas station and it works. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Newbie Array
    The lights on the dash: Engine, Lightning Bolt, Battery, I went to O'Reilly and the computer said PCM/ECM communication and transmission communication.

Newbie Array
    I ordered an ECM from Car Computer Exchange.

I also ordered from: ROCK AUTO
    Hi I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT-screen-shot-2020-01-11-4.11.06-pm.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Newbie Array
    I plan on replacing the spark plug wires, Fuel Filter, Transmission Fluid, Axel Fluid,,,
    It seems this is a problem spanning across many vehicles and different fixes for each.
    I also sometimes have an oil light. I have replaced the alternator a year ago... But I see it also could be the culprit.
    Ive got 4 key fobs. That is not the culprit. How do I know if it is a catylitic convertor issue as well??? It runs rich and I smell exhaust inside the car. Any Ideas???