Fog lights not coming on...

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Member amrakweno's Avatar Array

Fog lights not coming on...

I call for help once again or maybe just confirmation that my car needs to be reprogrammed with whatever programmer TIPC? Star something ? anyhow

I've had my fog lights out for some time to put halos on them , I have driven it a few times with the lights out of the car FYI

Went to put them back in yesterday and they will not power on.
    My indicator comes on , on the dashboard, I hear the relay click, no my high beams are not on , I have good voltage at my fog light plug (12vdc) Tested all 4 components to my fog lights the Flashtech Ballasts and Bulbs by connecting them to headlights for troubleshooting purposes, all 4 components worked. So I know all my components are good I do not get any voltage out of my ballast when plugged into the fog light plug that again has the 12 volts. But having tested my ballasts on my headlights and bulbs I know they work. I have literally been going around in my head all night with this issue. I have also tried to jumper the 30 and 87 pins on the relay plug to bypass the relay but no change, also I think the 87 and 85 to bypass relay coil (going off of memory from yesterday troubleshooting from other posts) I think all the fuse / relay issues are irrelevent because again I have 12 volts at my fog light plug. Fuse is of course good just to mention.

I also read on some post that if you unplug the light control unit ( where you turn your lights on and off) that this may "reset" the computer back to 0 and make the lights work again , dont know the truth to this but my try it out of desperation.

So If I had to guess whatever it is in my computer is not allowing my fog lights to come on ? and needs to be reprogrammed by a dealer with the above mentioned diagnostic tool ? Also is it possible to just wire my fog lights to my head light circuit so that they always come on with the headlights. If so what would that process entail ?

Thanks ahead of time for the assistance with this issue. If I left anything out I can almost promise you I have tried it for troubleshooting.
    Hidden Content 22x10x22 22x9x22 |K&N Cold Air intake |Flashtech LED Halo's | Switchback LED's |Tinted tail lights|Stealthbulbs(rear) | Tinted Side Markers | 6k DDM HID's (lows and fog)|UAS Air Suspension|

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member amrakweno's Avatar Array
    This Thread can be deleted. I resolved the issue and posted over on General Disscusion
    Hidden Content 22x10x22 22x9x22 |K&N Cold Air intake |Flashtech LED Halo's | Switchback LED's |Tinted tail lights|Stealthbulbs(rear) | Tinted Side Markers | 6k DDM HID's (lows and fog)|UAS Air Suspension|

Newbie Array
    I likewise read on some post that on the off chance that you unplug the light control unit ( where you turn your lights on and off) this may "reset" the PC back to 0 and make the lights work again , dont know reality to this however my give it a shot of distress.