Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Car wont start.

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  ronald_smail 
#1 ·
My 05 was running great parked it while I worked out. I came out tried to start cranked up went died 3 times then would not turn over has power to everything . Can it be Key?

#2 ·
Yeah, it could be the key. Did you have a replacement made? What happened that's different?

#3 ·
well about 6months ago I washed the key put in dryer and worked fine. This time it got bumped around alittle while i was workout out and i hear a rattle. went out it cranked right up then went dead same as it did went it was wet. Could it be possible that the battery just need to be changed?

#4 ·
The key fob battery is for the keyless entry only. Did the keyless entry work after your workout? Is there a red light on in the dash display?

#5 ·
You may be locked out of the PCM now. Try pulling fuse 14 in the rear fuse compartment for 1 minute to reset the WCM

#7 ·
Try fuse 14 as mentioned above and see what happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#10 ·
Do u guys have any codes or put in a fresh tank of gas?

#11 ·
No fresh tank of gas, filled up a few days ago. The only code that comes up for me is one that I haven't been able to clear out and that's related to the Gas cap not being on tight. I am pretty sure this is a Sentry issue because the red light is on. I pulled out fuse #1 the IOD fuse and will leave it pulled out all night. Is pulling that fuse out the same as removing the battery cable?

#12 ·
Cuz my car has had both problem one issue was with gas the other was with the key the code I got was p0513 which as a bad skim key or secruity code my key was necer bad the relay way being affected by my viper alarm and gate bottons . Both gave me that same red dot thing. I believe it is kinda . It's a reset for the pcm. But disconnecting the battery wouldn't hurt either idk if it'll do anything since the fuse would be out.

#15 ·
One of the magnums Tee and I bought happened to be a Louisanna Flood Car and we had lots, and I mean Lots of problems. Our local dealership couldn't even get it started. On LX forums someone suggested to me to do this: Turn the key to ON ~ do NOT try to start; DO THIS THREE TIMES, on the FOURTH TIME try to start the car. Not sure IF this would help in your case or NOT but it sure worked FINE in our flood car. We have since had this fixed and our was problems with currents in the canabus system. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.