Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

For you Texans with front license plates on your dash...

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  6pack 
#1 ·
Ever been pulled over for not having it displayed on the front bumper? I talked to a lady at the tax office and she said it "should" be fine.

I wish I could say I loved her FIRM response but she didnt leave me feeling sure about it.

So... anyone ever have issues with the lawdogs on this one?

#2 ·
i think in almost any state that requires a front plate it is legal to have it anywhere it is clearly visible... i know here in WA it is legal to have it in the front windshield..

#4 ·
In oregon it has to be on the front bumper...however there r some 300 without license plate holders in the front as well as corvettes and tahoes...whether or not u get a ticket for i think depends on the cop...i just pulled my front off this morning so we'll see if they say anything next time i go out.

#3 ·
New law cuz of the redlight cameras here un Texas, u have to have it on front bumper.. I got pulled over 3 times in 2 months in June and July for this..state trooper explained that it can't be in the window cuz of reflections and camera can't take pic of it.. Sucks ass but had to put mine back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Glad to be in Florida, no front plate and no emissions testing ........................

Bob :)

#8 ·
I'm in Maryland and I've had my wagon for almost a year now and it did not come with one on it from the dealer. I just got pulled over yesterday for not having it; a $70 fine. :/ How do they mount? There's certainly no standard spot there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.