Suspension lowering information

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Member Da Animal!!!!!!!'s Avatar Array
    Thanx Fireman, i hit Greg up, so i'm waiting on him 2 get back to me, Good Looking!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Member Da Animal!!!!!!!'s Avatar Array
    Got Tein drop springs on the mag, did the SRT-8 complete front end suspension, and did new shocks& struts all around. Mag rides GREAT!!!!!!!!! Will post pix soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Da Animal!!!!!!!; 08-10-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Newbie Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by DemonSVT View Post
    Something that needs to be addressed is the fact that any alteration from stock is going to require the ability to significantly adjust caster and camber specs. The stock setup was already beyond its ability to do this (i.e. cradle adjusts were even tried!) and thus the “wander” problem was such a problem. (pull right anyone) Fully adjustable LCA’s (~$400/set) or centric LCA bolts are a must in order to give your Magnum a decent handling setup and passable tire wear.

Also matching your dampers to your new “lowered” setup is a must if you want predictable and competent handling. Stock dampers on a lowered setup will be working out of their effective range. This is far from ideal in the least. Lowering just for the sake of lowering is a “show” queen’s job and is HIGHLY NOT recommended! Real drivers need not apply.
    Demon you were talking about pulling to the right,well my 05 rt has had this problem from the day i brought it,had it in for 2 wheel alignments but still have the pulling problem,they even turned around the tires which are directional tires so they were running backwards and this did help but didn,t like the idea of running directional tires the wrong way,so now I,m back with the pulling problem,any help out there?,really love the car and plan on keeping it a long time

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by moparlinz View Post
    Demon you were talking about pulling to the right,well my 05 rt has had this problem from the day i brought it,had it in for 2 wheel alignments but still have the pulling problem,they even turned around the tires which are directional tires so they were running backwards and this did help but didn,t like the idea of running directional tires the wrong way,so now I,m back with the pulling problem,any help out there?,really love the car and plan on keeping it a long time
    There's a TSB (technical service bulletin regarding this issue. The alignment specs were changed. to correct the pull. I had the same issue with my '05. I had it done to mine, problem solved.

Here is the TSB from the factory. Print it out and take it to an alignment shop. Have them follow these instructions.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB_3...SB_0200205.pdf

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    Prothane & Whiteline bushing kit - BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Newbie Sick-Evolution=SE's Avatar Array
    Well, my friend runs Kspots on his BMW and he said there fantastic and he knows other guys who run those on other various brans of cars. So your best bet would be to call them up and ask the Ksport people specifically.

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainBly View Post
    I am seeing lots of brands out there.
    Any news on the following brands?:
    DZ___________
    KSport_________
    Tenzo_________
    D2________

Are they just cheap knock offs or can they give a good ride?
    Hidden Content Dodge Magnum 2.7L V6, 20" Torq Thrust II's, graphite grey.

Newbie UNFUKWTHABL's Avatar Array
    Thanks for the info,have been wanting to lower my .357 wagon for awhile and finally got the extra cash to do so again thanks for all the info

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by UNFUKWTHABL View Post
    Thanks for the info,have been wanting to lower my .357 wagon for awhile and finally got the extra cash to do so again thanks for all the info
    No problem! You're welcome.

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    Prothane & Whiteline bushing kit - BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Newbie Array
    The suspension elements will be made from light and portable materials, mainly aluminum, that offer much lower unsprung weight when in comparison to placed precious metal. Additionally, these headgear will be associated by higher speedometer bushings, anti-sway cafes and powerful shocks.

Member TXHEMI's Avatar Array
    Fireman to the rescue again. I have had this issue as well on my 05. Kept thinking maybe it's just me... now I know.

This forum never ceases to amaze me, keep learning new stuff everyday.
    Hidden Content

Texas Hemi - 2005 R/T
    DiabloSport Intune, Airaid CAI & TBS, Flowmasters w/ X pipe, debadged except HEMI / RAM logos, 18 in fumagalli wheels, Kicker sub/amp.. crazy dreams for NEW MOTOR

Newbie tunes 64's Avatar Array
    Hey Gang,

I have a 2005 Magnum R/T. It has Eibach lowering springs and I'm having a problem with it bottoming out when going over bumps. I carry about 850 lbs of audio/video equipment in the rear. Is there a suspension system that will allow me to adjust ride height, such as air struts, but will maintain load capacity when deflated?

Thanks,
    tunes64

Newbie tunes 64's Avatar Array
    Sorry,
    Let me rephrase that last sentence. Is there a suspension system that will allow me to adjust ride height, such as air bags, but will maintain the load capacity throughout the adjustment range?

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by tunes 64 View Post
    Sorry,
    Let me rephrase that last sentence. Is there a suspension system that will allow me to adjust ride height, such as air bags, but will maintain the load capacity throughout the adjustment range?
    With that much weight, I'd say bags.

'05 R/T

Member h8it huh?'s Avatar Array
    Sorry,
    Yes. Ask around the site. There are some guys with airide on here and I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction!

Array
    Sorry,
    I would def go bags and with that much weight go 1/2 lines so u have the force to get up quick when need be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Newbie UNFUKWTHABL's Avatar Array
    Thanks for the info guys,I'm not looking to get crazy yet just looking to Herr that ugly wheel well space outta there,I got 22s on my '07 and it looks like shit with that space

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234