Wheel and Tire Guide

CustomMagnums.com is the premier Dodge Magnum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Member Array
    Question,

Who here can help me with tires?

Thanks in advance!
    Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

ILT
    Member Array
    Looking to put 255-45-20 on helo rims with +35 offset rims. Will I have any issues. Going on a awd rt magnum

Member Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by steve View Post

Here is some info I have found.

The LX platform is designed to accommodate up to a 275mm width up front and a range offset from 12.5mm to 24mm. You want to stay between 28.6" and 29.3" in tire diameter, optimally. You can go as small as 28.3" in tire diameter to keep everything calibrated correctly on our cars, but no smaller.

At a +24mm offset, would this put the tire right at the edge of the stock fender?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CustomMagnums.com
    Advertisements

Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by Bobby Joe View Post
    At a +24mm offset, would this put the tire right at the edge of the stock fender?
    On a RWD car, +24 is a good offset for a rear 10.5" wide wheel. For the front, the offset should be about +13 to +18

With offsets, the smaller the number, the further out the wheels edge will be.

Go here to learn morw about offsets.

https://www.custommagnums.com/forums/...tml#post340226

Last edited by Fireman2118; 03-04-2014 at 10:26 PM.

'05 R/T

PPP stage 3 big valve heads - Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 LSA (108 ICL) - PAC 1518 springs - forged pushrods - 6.1 lifters - 6.1 oil pump - 6.1 timing set - Modern Muscle stage 1+ ported 6.1 manifold
    & 85mm throttle body - 6.1 fuel injectors - 6.1 fuel rails - 25% UDP - Jet 180 tstat - LMI 4" true CAI - MSD "Blaster" coils - 8.2mm Taylor wires - JBA headers - JBA high flow mids - Corsa catback - Diablosport Intune
    Paramount series 55, stage 1 transmission, "Dominator" 3000 stall tc & stage II valve body - Tranzformer shift kit - B&M Hi-Tek transmission cooler - 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD - BC racing coilovers - Eibach front & rear sways
    Prothane & Whiteline bushing kit - BWoody endlinks - Razors Edge strut bar - Wilwood big brake kit by TCE - W6A 6 piston front calipers on 14.25" 2 piece GT rotors - Dynapro 4 piston rear calipers on 13" 2 piece GT rotors
    Trufiber Challenger A58 carbon fiber hood - Vossen VVS-CV3 & Nitto 420s - 22" x 9" w/265/35/22 & 22" x 10.5" w/295/30/22 - tuning by Ditos motors ---- Hemi Registry #943

Member Array
    Interestingly, Tirerack just told me that a 20x8.5 with a 28mm offset would work on my car. Granted, that is only 0.15" more, and the wheel isn't 9-10" wide...sounds like it should work based on the fact that a 9.5" wide with a 24mm offset will work. I did a thread search for "8.5" and came up with nothing, but there will be less hanging out on both sides. But I think you will b limited to a 245mm wide tire, a 255 may fit, but be stretched.

Member Array
    Nice right up

Member djjim1's Avatar Array

Questionhelp pleas

My boy has a 2010 rt awd charger and need the offset for his wheels he just got some 20" and they stick out to much they had to use spacer cud wheels touch arm? Pls help thanks in advance..sorry I haven't post nothing for almost a year or two..had to give up my magnum. $$ conditions
    jimmy The magboy

I don't like change!!! DA H.N.I.C.'s Avatar
    Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by djjim1 View Post
    My boy has a 2010 rt awd charger and need the offset for his wheels he just got some 20" and they stick out to much they had to use spacer cud wheels touch arm? Pls help thanks in advance..sorry I haven't post nothing for almost a year or two..had to give up my magnum. $$ conditions
    +55mm offset

2005 AWD Dodge Magnum SXT
    2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
    2002 Dodge Viper R/T

Member djjim1's Avatar Array
    Thanks DA
    Quote: Originally Posted by DA H.N.I.C. View Post
    +55mm offset
    jimmy The magboy

Newbie Array
    Well i got a set of brand new 24" with new tires from a buddy of mine for 500. I have an 06magnum 3.5sxt will i have any problems having these on the car? I know the ride will be a lil harder

Newbie Array
    Im currently running 245 / 40 20 with a 2" drop all around . I am shopping for some new rubber and was thinking of increasing my size to 255 40 20 or maybe 255 45 20 ... anyone else with a 2" drop and 20's? What are you running ?
    2005 Magnum SXT - Big Bully CAI , Eibach Sportline Coilovers , Customized-Danko Deep Dish Grille , Smoked fog lights , smoked tail lights , smoked headlights, tinted windows, debadged ,roof rack delete , interior LED lights , hids 35w low beams & 55w fogs , led exterior lighting, eyelids.

Member Array
    I'm looking to go the other way... just for cheap winter/snow tires for my SRT8. Initially a few local shops told me that I had to stick with 20" tires to clear the brakes, but then I found online that Tire Rack says that a few 18" wheels will work. Does anyone know for sure what range of offset/backspacing will allow 18" rims to clear SRT brakes? I can get 4 new 18" wheels and snow tires cheaper than just 4 new 20" snow tires.

Thanks in advance.

Member truckzilla46's Avatar Array
    Quote: Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I'm looking to go the other way... just for cheap winter/snow tires for my SRT8. Initially a few local shops told me that I had to stick with 20" tires to clear the brakes, but then I found online that Tire Rack says that a few 18" wheels will work. Does anyone know for sure what range of offset/backspacing will allow 18" rims to clear SRT brakes? I can get 4 new 18" wheels and snow tires cheaper than just 4 new 20" snow tires.

Thanks in advance.
    Personally offsets and things of that nature are my weak point for knowledge. But I can tell you without a doubt that you can go as small as 17" on SRT vehicles. I have 17" drag radials I use for the track. Personally if it was me I would go for 18" like you stated rather than 17" . Sorry I can't help for offset.
    Api Forged 392 660rwhp/680rwtq comp 428 cam p/p heads titanium pushrods psi springs Api 85mm t/b Magnuson s/c 11.6 psi Shr Trans FTI 2800 t/q dss 1400hp driveshaft/axels Qaife diff 3:55 gears Api brace BT catchcan/caps and wing Carbon by design hood/pillars/int kit moroso overflow/ p/s reservoir canton s/c tank Custom c/f sub floor box with kicker L7skicker 1500rms mono amp Spohn rearend kit BC coilovers Billyboat cat back LTH PLX gauges 3g half covers abs cover fuse box cover

Newbie Array
    is yours lowered at all?

Newbie Array
    Has anyone else had the problem of the control arm being in the way when trying to put on 24's, not the bolt the actual control arm

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast