Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it looks like I found a bit of excitement in the D.C. metro this past weekend and I figured I would share. I was on my way up I-95 from VA to see a friend of mine I haven't seen in years. I just crossed over the Wilson Bridge and noticed a 300C SRT8 pulled up on my rear after dipping in and out of traffic. I guess he noticed another Mopar and decided to pull up next to me and try his luck. I am sure you all know where this story is heading.......

Usually, I am in cruise mode about 95% of the time, but this was really looking like a 5% moment. He pulls up next to me as I slowly raise my seat from the back window to the front and I knew it was about to be ON. I took a nice cool sip of my green tea and was on the gas before I could get my first swallow in. I am in and out of traffic until I noticed that I actually left this dude behind. Let me slow down. Maybe he caught caught behind one of these D.C. drivers. Besides, I needed to finish the swallow I started a second ago.

He catches up and is ready for the next run. I think, at this point, he was a bit intimidated by the Silver Bullet and just could not believe what just happened. I tapped the airlift down button to let loose a few PSIs from my windbags for a bit of aero dynamic appeal and begin getting thirsty from the adrenaline for another sip of my green tea. At that moment, I pick up my green tea to get in my second sip and BOOM, he is off. Within a matter of seconds, I was on him, by him, gone, before I can sit my green tea back down in the cup holder. I knew then that he may be a bit upset by this sudden whipping. It was like a Bruce Lee flick with such a quick beatdown. I just couldn't figure out whether he would be upset because this "station wagon" just handed him a piece of this whipping twice or because my green tea was looking so good and he could have any. :trink13:

I slowed down and about a second or two later, I noticed that my exit was coming up, so I put cruise face back on and got over to merge onto exit 7A. I noticed a few cars back that he was getting off on the same exit and I was thinking that this guy just doesn't know when to quit; but also noticed that I was pulling up on a police car the moment I got off the interstate. Fortunately, I was in cruise mode, so I had no reason to get stopped after whipping this dude in his 300. I assume that he may have put a FOR SALE sign on it when he got home, because I would be embarrassed to pull that thing out on the highway again and try someone else. LOL. He got off at the first exit on 7A and was gone. Another win scored for the Mag. 2-0 and wasn't bad for two back-to-back pulls.

I figured I would share this with my Magnum gang that we are still running the streets even though production is terminated. Gotta love this ride. To note, we kept it around the posted limit. We just got to it pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
lol, enjoyed the story and i too enjoy a green tea just bout every day!

·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg always on the track... By the way Greggy...What NO chips this time?
No chips. BUT, I had a rib basket from TGI Fridays packed up and sitting on the passenger seat. Where you been at Curt?

·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool, but watch the racing stories, they say street racing is dangerous, or were you on a track :)

Is it really street racing on the "expressway"? Hmmm.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Any "PUBLIC" road is considered street racing.........

.......Be it, alley, road, street, way, blvd, ave, expressway, highway, freeway, onramp, offramp, thuroughfare, court, circle, etc.

If this was on a track, which I'm sure it was, you might want to mention it in your post.

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Any "PUBLIC" road is considered street racing.........

.......Be it, alley, road, street, way, blvd, ave, expressway, highway, freeway, onramp, offramp, thuroughfare, court, circle, etc.

If this was on a track, which I'm sure it was, you might want to mention it in your post.
I'm sure he was at the track, there can't be ANY way that someone would post against the rules of CM.com and risk infraction or even worse a BAN.

·
//CMOM | Secret Agent//
3,243 Posts
nice kill... ibftl.

·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure he was at the track, there can't be ANY way that someone would post against the rules of CM.com and risk infraction or even worse a BAN.
Yeah. Besides, no one went over the track speed limit.

·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear about the your loss. We morn GW and celebrate your survival. Let me know if you need any help on other employment venues. I can see what we have on our end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts