Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what's going on with my car the rear end started fish tailing on me. The esp light came on then I pushed it and it went away.
But still does this I'm unable to drive it. Does anyone one have an idea of what that could be ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the IRS "H" arms are running on rubber bushings. Jack the rear end up with the front wheels chocked to keep them from rolling. Put jack stands under the car and crawl under and look for play in the suspension.

If you don't have chocks, go to a big box store and pick up a 4 foot piece of 3-4 inch angle iron. Cut it into 4-1 foot sections. Drill a 1/2 inch hole in each end 1-1&1/2 inches from each end. Get a section of 1/2 inch all thread and 8 1/2 inch nuts. Cut the all thread to 6 or 8 inch lengths, and put the angle flat on the ground in front and behind the front tires. Put the all thread pieces through the holes you drilled and tighten a nut on each end to pull the angle tight against the tires. Unless you have the car parked on a steep hill, you will have locked the front tires from rolling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts