Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car for about 2 years and about 6 moths ago the car went into limp mode about 10 minutes after the radio had quit working. The radio was fixed by replacing a fuse. I checked for anymore blown fuses to see if that could cause it to be put in limp mode. I also checked what codes it was showing. the codes had been for a shift solenoid i had the whole solenoid pack replaced about 5 months ago and it was still stuck in limp mode. it would come out periodically but would go back if you were to hit a bump i took it to another place that tried to replace the solenoid pack again and it still was throwing the same code. it has been sitting in my yard since then. I think it may be some kind of loose ground wire but i am still puzzled as to what is causing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have problem with my new 07 stuck in limp mode. Will update as I can
I had the same problem, and it was a problem with speed sensors in transmission. The "regular" Dodge transmission - easy fix, each sensor is $17, and could be replaced from outside.
In my case I have Mercedes transmission, and speed sensors are embedded in electronic valve body.
Found entire module for $150 (made in China, not OEM). Total cost: Module + transmission fluid, filter and new gasket + money for renting hoist - 2 hours and $250. Did it 4 years ago, still running ))

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 dodge magnum sxt. one day i was driving down the road and my radio quit then about 10 minutes later my car went into limp mode. it was and still is throwing a code for the shift solenoid. i had the whole solenoid pack replaced by a transmission shop. it will come out of limp mode for a short time until you go over any bumps then it goes back into it.The radio was fixed by replacing a fuse. I don"t know what could be causing it to be forced back into limp mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts