Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i drove my car and came home. tested my battery and the volt was low. like 12.1. so i put my battery on the charger and the charge went to 16 volt and i disconnected it. tried to start the car and it started but died. i tried a couple times and it happened every time. ideas of what it could be? thanks. BTW: my car is a 2005 dodge magnum r/t.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try starting car again today and now it would not turn over and die like it was doing lastnite, all I get now when I try to turn the key is the starter

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
unhook the battery again for a bit st see if it resets the problem. sounds like the security has got turned on somehow

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay so i took the car to the shop today come to find out i need a new pcm computer,
can anyone tell me what will cause pcm computer to go bad ?and where can i get a replacement for under $600.00 (cheaper)

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Hmmm, bad PCM huh? Other than tuning it, I don't know, sorry.

You should send a PM to Ross (greenking). I know he parts out lots of cars, he may have a PCM he can get to you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I change my PCM today and car still wouldn't start can someone chime in with some suggestions only had car for month upset I can't drive it

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
When my car did that it was a bad skin key. Do u have any codes? I think if it was the battery u wouldn't get anything turning on but im not to sure on that. mayve bad ground connection?. Did u happen the fill your gas tank before it stalled? theres many things it can be.just tryin to help narrow it down.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
When my car did that it was a bad skin key. Do u have any codes? I think if it was the battery u wouldn't get anything turning on but im not to sure on that. mayve bad ground connection?. Did u happen the fill your gas tank before it stalled? theres many things it can be.just tryin to help narrow it down.
Can the key just loose it's skin I did have to open it up and play with the battery because the remote was not responding ? I don't believe I have any codes car wouldn't stay running for me to know ,yes this was the first time I ever filled my gas tank starting reget it now car is stalled

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sorry damn auto correct I ment skim key. It the dealership key . U can check ur codes from the dash board . It'll tell u any codes if it came up . Turn ur key to the on position . Don't start the engine. Turn it to the on position then turn left once to the acc position back to on and back to acc. Back to on and it should say -------- then if there's any codes it'll say something . I believe the code mine said was p0513 or something like that . That was the bad skim key code... If any codes come up post them up and we can tell u. ... I could also be a bad gas tank from overfill it'll make a gragleing sound if it went into the evap valve . If ur car runs normal at 3/4 of a tank but acts up at full only then ur in the bad gas tank club cost about 1400 to 1900 for the new design fix or u can just fill up to 3/4 tank and stop there and ull be fine. If its a bad ground I'm not sure how to tell on there other then sparks or hot wires maybe some can have better info for u on that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It going to the stealship tomorrow ,they better give me a answer to the problem and I will pose it up I already dumb $600 in a PCM my Xmas was limited
Am getting mix feeling to sell car or keep and go thur my struggle ?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well that's all up to u. I don't know the extent of your problems on the car and wouldn't want to convince you yes or no. But if u don't feel the car worth it cuz it may not of been well maintained then it might not be there's plenty on other magnums that were kept with care. And others lx's too . Have you tried seeing any codes on the dash ?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If that's the only problem I don't see why not to keep it ... I woulda expect to find a perfect car

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This be the first car I ever brought with a major problem, that is taken along time to fix and it's stressing me out, for the first month I had the car it drove excellent not one problem , In the back of my mind I really want to sell but I keep it and tuff the problem out I believe it's a good car, i keep up the maintenance on every car I owed never had a major problem like this make me feel the car was not kept up by previous owner now I have to give it TCL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Problem found ;low side driver from PCM c3 (cav 37) shorted to power . This wire should be grounded. In English term had to run new wire from PCM to the fuel pump relay. Stealship wanted $296.85 to run this wire I said F that did it my self on there lot took me 10 mins they said the job was 3 hours. Can anyone tell why this wire seen power and not ground?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Lmao maybe they ment 3 hours till they get to ur car lol

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Damn!!! Well good thing u did it your ur self u saved some money big time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts