Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the other night I noticed that my 3rd brake light stays on continuously when I turn my regular lights on. With the light switch in the on position, I apply the brakes and the brake lights get brighter as they should but the 3rd brake light (which is already lit) also gets brighter. With the light switch in the off position, I apply the brakes the three brake lights illuminate as they should.

What could be causing the 3rd brake light to be on when I turn my light switch to the "ON" position?

:eek:mfg::eek:mfg::eek:mfg::eek:mfg::eek:mfg:

·
GooN
950 Posts
Ok, so it's On, but it gets brighter when you press the brakes? I don't recall if it's supposed to be on like the running lights or not.

eGo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup it's only continuously on when the light switch is in the parking lights or headlight position. Now I did have an ABS wheel sensor go out on me and I replaced it and cleared the ABS computer of any faults. When the sensor went out is when I noticed the 3rd brake light issue that I am currently having. I replaced the sensor and cleared the ABS computer as mentioned before and the 3rd brake light is still staying on. I have re-read the ABS computer and no further codes have been generated. The only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts