Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 SXT that I want to modify, no performance in mind whatsoever except maybe an exhaust for a little noise, nothing obnoxious just a nice sound (mine is so quiet!). Any suggestions on exhaust? Car mods are a very foreign field to me.

Ideally my cosmetic plan is as follows

*a nice luxury style body kit complete with a full mesh grille. ( all around bumpers skirts the works. (any suggestions, pictures would be great!)

*lambo doors in the front

* suicides in the back

* a nice set of 22's

Any suggestion on particular parts or kits that you reccommend would be great! Pictures would be even better. I'm new to the community and glad to be here! Thanks all
and I want to paint the body that white/offwhite that is so popular among Cadillac vehicles what is it called? Pearl?

Anybody who is smarter on this subject than I please toss up an estimate on how many thousands I can expect to spend on this little project? Body kit and rim suggestions are very welcome.

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts
you can get your vertical doors(lambo) from ken on here... his sn is threegpsi.. or from glenn (radglenn)... also for exhaust they sell blastin bobs setups for pretty good prices... hit them up and youre set and welcome from vancouver, wa....

·
Eh.. um.. I choose.. sandwich!
1,419 Posts
For the nice Luxury look you may want to look into a 300 front end swap.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I strongly suggest searchin ebay for tires and checkin local wheel shops for rims. I took that route and saved $500 on tires alone. Locally, I found my rims at $400 under my budget too. A lot of ebay sales are FINAL on rims. If you have any issues with mounting, you may be out a lot of cash.

·
A disturbance in the force.
1,589 Posts
suicides are a tricky subject. there's no suicide hinge kit specifically for the lx. the shape on the rear door frame makes the mounting of the hinge difficult. it would have to be custom fabbed. so you'd be looking at least a a $2g for that alone. full body kit could be found as low as $1000. verticle doors are gonna run around $1200 without install. price of wheels is all going to depend on what brand. could be $1000 could be up to $2000.

so you're looking at a stack of cash to say the least.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
It's taken me 2 years to get my Magnum to this point. Part of the moddin fun is watchin your car slowly morph into a new vehicle. I'm not very patient but my bank account sure is...

·
A disturbance in the force.
1,589 Posts
the all wheel drive includes additional parts in the wheel well that limit the amount of room. the offset of your wheels would be diffent than on a rear wheel drive.

check the how to section... there is a wheel/tire article there with all the relevant info.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
here is a pere pics of my sxt and a few sound clips for ya. hope it helps ya

before

after

a cold start og a magnaflow muffler and blastin bobs 10 db kit with the 4" tips. he makes them quieter of course but i like em just the way they are.

operating temp start

and an all around vid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Love that hood!! Would swapping the front end of a Chrysler 300 limit my selection of hoods? Is the SXT AWD limited in hood selection or do the hoods fit among all non SRT trims?
Also is there any fabrication involved in the installation of a 300 front end? Or does it just pop right on? If there is a post that explains this process in great detail i would appreciate i if someone pointed me in the right direction.

I searched under several different listings and didn't find any posts that had much information to offer on the process. Can I assume that the front end swap to a Mag is that simple of a process? Thanks for the help in advance :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.