Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Hemi out of a 2006 Durango to use as a "builder". I'm curious to know if there are any differences (good or bad) from the 5.7 that is in my 2005 Magnum?

Is there a better year of the 5.7 I should be looking for? Differences in general from car to truck?

Thanks,

LM

·
Being kept down by the man
7,782 Posts
Not sure about the truck/car difference, but the 05 Mag has plug wires that crossover the intake to the second plug on a different cylinder. Most people have switched them to shorty Taylor wires. The 06 doesn't have the wires. both plugs fire from the same coil-on-plug. Hope that helps.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
The truck 5.7 is backwards to the car 5.7. Stuff like the starter is on the wrong side of the motor......I can't say that it WON'T work, but I can say it will be extra work compared to building a car 5.7

·
Registered
809 Posts
I found a partial list in Mopar Now magazine for the Ram motor:
Intake & exhaust manifolds
pulleys

I had read either on this forum or another that the accessory mounts are different on the heads too. This would need to be confirmed.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I believe the 2008 and up Hemi's for the Chargers have the eagle intake w/ headers adding 25 hp at the crank from the factory. However, you can take your 05 Hemi as stated above and add shorties then find you a used eagle intake & shorty headers. Probably cheaper than buying newer model crate engine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ive seen crazier ideas, i saw, well heard, of someone putting an LS2 in a Charger.. with the right amount of money n effort it can be done just dont take shortcuts, you will definitely regret it

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Is there a better year of the 5.7 I should be looking for? Differences in general from car to truck?
I would stay with a 5.7 out of an LX (car) for compatability reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts