Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes
Just bought this 05 Mag SXT AWD 3.5 V6
when I test drive it would go into gear for a few minutes then it would drop out. No drive or reverse
I could turn it off and sit for a few minutes and restart it and I would have drive or reverse for a min then again it would drop. Check engine light is on. Sometimes the ESP/BAS light goes on. I played with it a bit and noticed that when it drops to neutral I can only get 3000 rpm. And I loose the 123 lights on gear shifter.
After a little research this issue a bit it seams like it is going into limp mode. With Alitalia more digging I learned it could be the input output sensors in the transmission. Possible.
But when I hooked up the OBD reader and took the codes I am suspicious it could be something else.
Code P0057/0051/0037/0031(HO2S heater control curcuit sensor)bank 1 and 2 sensor 1 and 2
code P0731/0733/072 (Gear incorrect ratio 1/2/3 )
Code U1417/1418/1113 ( left and right front wheel distance signal)
quite a bit of issues so I inquired to the previous owner.

Turns out that one day he put in his factory programmed key and it shorted out his PCM. So he replaced it.
I looked into it and I see he has a 2006 PCM. I asked if he had the PCM programmed at the dealer. He said no he just got his key programmed by a locksmith. He mention it drove ok after that for a while until one day he was turning around in the driveway and proceeded to leave and he lost drive and reverse.

i know this girl(Magnum) has a few km on her but my last dodge I got 400000 km and she was still working like an old workhorse. Not too Pretty mind you.

So I feel I could probably bring her back to life with the help from all of you. And I will try my best to return the favour. I found a great place to get a new PCM for around 170 USD. I'm Canadian so it is way more than that for us.

Any suggestion ion which way I should proceed would be very appreciated

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see from your post in the "Introduce yourself forum" that you are from Canada. I wonder if your ecm has lost it's program and needs to be flashed? I think before I spent a lot of money, I would take it to a dealer and have them look at it. If they want to throw a bunch of high priced parts at it, leave, but if it just needs to be reprogramed, it should not cost much at all. If they tell you that you need a new ecm, ask if it needs to be programed to the car if you install one yourself. If they get evasive, leave. I'm not sure if there are other members from Canada here or if there are any near you. I'm not sure where in Canada you live, but I live in Southern California, so I can't really help with any shop recommendations that would be anywhere near you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts