Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flushed the coolant and changed out the thermostat and the car still runs hot. the fans kick on so I don't think it's the sensors. What's wrong I need help. Did I maybe do something wrong while flushing out the coolant?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
When you installed the new thermostat, did you position the bleed hole at the top? It's important.
I used a pressure tester to force the coolant through the system. You should be able to run the car until the thermostat opens and then let it cool down. The air should eventually work it's way to the reservoir. Top off the radiator as the level drops in the reservoir. eventually, it will be full.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
The V6's have a bleeder valve, our V8's do not have one - but you can install one.

Remove the screw in plug from the front of the water pump, take it to your local auto parts store and tell them you need a bleeder valve to replace the plug. They will be able to fix you up with the right one.

Some photos of when I did mine......... just loosen the bleeder valve with the engine running until you get a steady stream of water.

Good luck,

Bob

What the plug looks like:

Plug removed:

Bleeder valve:

Adaptor:

All installed:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts